Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I thought some of you guys might be interested in a few shots of my new De Rosa. It is - I think - a '95 Primato, but I'd be interested to hear from any De Rosa experts here who know for sure.

The original owner bought the frame NOS and built it up in about '98. He says he put 5,500km on it, but there is barely a finger print on it. I think he was as fastidious as I am.

Chrome lugs / Columbus EL OS / Campy Record 9 speed with titanium seat post / Mavic Open Pros....this is my dream bike! Picked it up on ebay a week and a half ago and took the first ride today. I knew it would be good, but I didn't expect it to be quite so....sublime!

Hope some of you out there like it!

Greg

·
Registered
520 Posts
that is a gorgeous ride. i am very jealous. i think i might consider putting a brooks saddle on it, and maybe some brooks leather tape... but jeez, even as is it's a beaut.

*just a shame there isn't lots of "raw carbon" and white in addition to that red and a seat mast you have to take down with a hacksaw. ;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
That's terrific! I have a '94 Nuovo Classico. Those are identical to the Primato, except they're made for longer distances. I bought mine new in '94 and it's still my primary bike. Every now & then I'll get new bike fever & go test ride a few. I'll go home, hop on my DeRosa and say, "Boy! Those new bikes are nice, but I like my DeRosa soooo much better. When you said "sublime" I know exactly what you mean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.