Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new favorite jersey out for its inaugural ride today. My wife, who is much better than I could possibly deserve, not only puts up with all my nonsense, but also knit me a jersey. We couldn't find a pattern anywhere, so I gave her one of my wool Giordana jerseys from the 80s and she worked out a pattern based on that. Now I have a lovely hand-made wool jersey. Today was sunny and 70 degrees, so I took it out for a spin. Perfection. That is all.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
hawtness.

I dug out one of my vintage woolies yesterday, and a newbie friend goes "where'd you get that sweater?"

when I tried to explain wool jerseys, I was met with disbelief.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Fredke said:
I took my new favorite jersey out for its inaugural ride today. My wife, who is much better than I could possibly deserve, not only puts up with all my nonsense, but also knit me a jersey. We couldn't find a pattern anywhere, so I gave her one of my wool Giordana jerseys from the 80s and she worked out a pattern based on that. Now I have a lovely hand-made wool jersey. Today was sunny and 70 degrees, so I took it out for a spin. Perfection. That is all.

dang.........amazing job.....you better be nice to her.....

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I have a LeClaire Vie replica wool jersey that is ready to be used any day now. Temps this week should be about perfect for it. It is the most perfectest jersey, evar. You owe your wife FOREVER for that one. Yer screwed.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You think anything would look good with pink bibs. Just sayin....:p

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hollywood said:
would look great with pink bibs, atmo.
Yer preachin' to the choir, dear.

·
Registered
962 Posts
very nice.

two knitters in my family. my wife makes all sorts of hats and blankets.

my daughter is an artist, who makes alot of complicated things (like prom dresses), almost always without a pattern.

working in 3D without a pattern is a skill well beyond most people--bravo for your wife.

neither has tried to make anything bike-related, other than ear flaps for my helmet while winter riding.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hollywood said:
fashion throw-down? Bring it!
Hey, I have a wacky idea. What say we settle this on the runway?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Oh God, Santa Cruz is gonna be so fun if Fredke and H'wood are both there......

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
That thing is gorgeous, you are beholden to her for life now! Very Cool!

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
i'm green w/ envy!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
When we first started riding (comfort bikes on the bike trail) a friend gave us about 10 nice wool jerseys. We used them a couple of times but ended up getting modern jerseys. We sold the woolies in a yard sale. Doh!! I'd love to have them back now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.