Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
That is one sweet bike. A few months ago I convinced myself I was going to get a Heron. I went to pull the trigger right as they closed shop. There are a few of them in the Seattle area, and they always seem to get a ton of miles.

· Registered
3,096 Posts
Very nice. A friend of mine from the time I was exiled to Boise, Idaho, built up a beautiful silver Heron as a commuter/light tourer. Always liked that bike.

And where did you find those Shimano 500 center pulls?

G

·
Beautiful.

I can't remember the last time I saw Shimano 500 anywhere.

got to be close to 20 years.

Superb ( not Superbe) , and thank you.

· noble dirtbag
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the kind comments.
The headset spacers were contributed by a fellow mechanic who had a whole lot of colored spacers but not enough silver ones. We managed to find a color combination that worked for the bike.
The Shimano center pulls and derailleurs were taken off an old Fuji road bike that was one step from the dumpster. We think the bike was close to 30 years old.
The Brooks saddle is a professional model which I have been breaking in for over 15 years.

· angel of the morning
2,992 Posts
nice ride .. looks great !!!

· Bikespace member
4,461 Posts
smallmig said:
The wrap is just regular tan cork tape. I used 3 coats of amber shellac and secured it with twine instead of electrical tape.
ahhh. i guess the shellac is giving it the "leather" look to it. nice job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.