Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I watched my LBS build up my new iro angus. I made it all matching colors, orange frame, yellow pad, yellow brake cable, yellow valve covers, white bar tape, white pad, white saddle, black wheels, black seatpost, black crank, black pedals (soon to be crank bros) black chainring (soon to be), black brakes, black nalini classic shoes,

· Registered
71 Posts
Mytorelli. can i ask a stupid question? the pad, how come i've seen that top tube pad on other fixies in my city? is there a high chance of smashing your goods on a fixie? I'm just gettin back into cycling after months off and i'm lookn into a fixie. thanks. = )

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xandre said:
Mytorelli. can i ask a stupid question? the pad, how come i've seen that top tube pad on other fixies in my city? is there a high chance of smashing your goods on a fixie? I'm just gettin back into cycling after months off and i'm lookn into a fixie. thanks. = )
The pad is to protect the frame, the handlebars can easily swing around during transport, messing around ect...the bars will hit the top tube and crack or dent the frame i also have some clear sticky pad on my downtube so the brake doesnt hit.

· Registered
453 Posts
Those also help when you lock your bike up, you can lean the top tube pad aginst the rack and it'll cushion the frame from scratches and dents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.