1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
palu said:
Hope you haul for a long time on that thing, mother trucker. :D

Nice bike.
I had a choice to either spend what little I had to fix up my old Dodge Caravan the best I could, which would only be a temporary fix, or invest in a good bicycle that would last me for many years to come ....

I chose for numerous reasons (finances, health, environment, fun, travelling) to invest most of my tax return in a Surly Long Haul Trucker.

Originally I was considering on buying a Cross Check, but with the help of many on the forums, I chose the LHT instead.

This will be my main transportation for everything -- commuting to work, errands, shopping, camping, touring, club rides, fun, and health.

- Ridg 4 Life
http://vj4him.blogspot.com/

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Nice looking purpose built rig. Form following function is always good.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Awesome, another LHT Owner!!!

I love this ride, it is one of the most awesome climbing 27lb bikes I have ever ridden :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First Grocery Haul on my Trucker ...

I just got back from my first grocery haul with my Trucker. Probably had around 25-30 pounds of food in a dufflebag bungied to the back rack, plus other stuff on the bike.

I couldn't even tell that I had all that stuff on the back! Handles perfectly. In fact, I have two small bags (5-way bags, from Out Your Backdoor), on the left side of the bike (one in front and one in back).

I was thinking that the bike should feel off balance with two bags on one side, and no bags on the other side. I can't even notice that the bags are on the racks!

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
vja4Him said:
Is that what a Trucker weighs, 27 pounds?
Yah, something like that. Frame is only double butted, and the components are pretty heavy. But I find it to be an absolutly beautiful ride.

I built the front rack for mine...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BentChainring said:
Yah, something like that. Frame is only double butted, and the components are pretty heavy. But I find it to be an absolutly beautiful ride.

I built the front rack for mine...
Nice and clean looking Trucker! I like that color too. How did you build your own rack?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
vja4Him said:
Nice and clean looking Trucker! I like that color too. How did you build your own rack?
Tubing bender, TIG welder, and the social life of a nerd :ihih:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My New Trucker, Loaded, Not Fully - Yet!

Here is my new Trucker loaded, but not fully - not yet ... Still waiting for the Ortlieb panniers, Arkel handlebar bag, and Carradice saddlebag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts