Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday I picked up my new Lynskey R255. Full Ultegra groupset, mavic aksium wheelset, Specialzied Toupe saddle, Conti-GP 4000S tires, Cateye Stealth 10 computer ect....only put 80 miles on it and love it! I also have a Bianchi Infinto so the fit is just right! :)

View attachment 278000

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yes, one of my other bikes is in the background. It's a Bianchi Infinito w/ full Ultegra. It's the same frame geometry as the Lynskey R255. The ti bike rides like rails around corners and is like a magic carpet ride on rough roads.

So far I like the Cateye Stealth 10...but only used it on one 50 mile ride and need to play with it and the on-line upload View attachment 278013 program some more.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Nice rides, as you mentioned the geometries are very similar.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Now that is pretty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bianchi 001 - Thank you for providing this post...I am struggling to make a decision between purchasing a Bianchi Infinito and/or building a custom titanium bike with the geometry that would be similar to the Infinito/R255. If you have enough miles between both, I am eager to understand the ride, handling, fatigue/comfort and performance differences between the two frames. I can only get the wife to agree to one or the other since I have a custom steel 29r and a full suspension 29r.

Thanks in advance for any opinion or perspective that you can provide...

CDIDriver

Thanks! Yes, one of my other bikes is in the background. It's a Bianchi Infinito w/ full Ultegra. It's the same frame geometry as the Lynskey R255. The ti bike rides like rails around corners and is like a magic carpet ride on rough roads.

So far I like the Cateye Stealth 10...but only used it on one 50 mile ride and need to play with it and the on-line upload View attachment 278013 program some more.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I dont have a Infinito or a R255 but I have a R340 and I was coming from a carbon frame with similar geometry. The lynskey feels much "smoother" and more stable but at the same time its a bit stiffer.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
absolute...the first thing I noticed was it was a tad stiffer but a more better ride quality especially over some of the rough roads we encounter in mid TN.
Stiffer? That's a surprise to me. But a pleasant surprise, because I have a Lynskey Cooper CX disc coming. Hope it is stiff, efficient and comfortable. I thought the bianchi Infinito was supposed to be their comfy carbon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi CDIDriver,

I've put right at 1,000 miles on the Bianchi Infinito and just did 80 mlies on the Lynskey R255. Since both bikes are full Ultegra, Conti-GP 4000S tires, same saddles ect I have a good comparison. If I had to pick between the two bikes it would be hard but...the Lynskey after a 80 mile ride is perhaps a more comfortable ride. Both bikes handle well but the Lynkey on rough roads and just plain going fast down hill feels like it's on rails!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.