Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday I picked up my new Lynskey R255. Full Ultegra groupset, mavic aksium wheelset, Specialzied Toupe saddle, Conti-GP 4000S tires, Cateye Stealth 10 computer ect....only put 80 miles on it and love it! I also have a Bianchi Infinto so the fit is just right! :)

View attachment 278000

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yes, one of my other bikes is in the background. It's a Bianchi Infinito w/ full Ultegra. It's the same frame geometry as the Lynskey R255. The ti bike rides like rails around corners and is like a magic carpet ride on rough roads.

So far I like the Cateye Stealth 10...but only used it on one 50 mile ride and need to play with it and the on-line upload View attachment 278013 program some more.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Nice rides, as you mentioned the geometries are very similar.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Now that is pretty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bianchi 001 - Thank you for providing this post...I am struggling to make a decision between purchasing a Bianchi Infinito and/or building a custom titanium bike with the geometry that would be similar to the Infinito/R255. If you have enough miles between both, I am eager to understand the ride, handling, fatigue/comfort and performance differences between the two frames. I can only get the wife to agree to one or the other since I have a custom steel 29r and a full suspension 29r.

Thanks in advance for any opinion or perspective that you can provide...

CDIDriver

Thanks! Yes, one of my other bikes is in the background. It's a Bianchi Infinito w/ full Ultegra. It's the same frame geometry as the Lynskey R255. The ti bike rides like rails around corners and is like a magic carpet ride on rough roads.

So far I like the Cateye Stealth 10...but only used it on one 50 mile ride and need to play with it and the on-line upload View attachment 278013 program some more.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I dont have a Infinito or a R255 but I have a R340 and I was coming from a carbon frame with similar geometry. The lynskey feels much "smoother" and more stable but at the same time its a bit stiffer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
absolute...the first thing I noticed was it was a tad stiffer but a more better ride quality especially over some of the rough roads we encounter in mid TN.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
absolute...the first thing I noticed was it was a tad stiffer but a more better ride quality especially over some of the rough roads we encounter in mid TN.
Stiffer? That's a surprise to me. But a pleasant surprise, because I have a Lynskey Cooper CX disc coming. Hope it is stiff, efficient and comfortable. I thought the bianchi Infinito was supposed to be their comfy carbon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi CDIDriver,

I've put right at 1,000 miles on the Bianchi Infinito and just did 80 mlies on the Lynskey R255. Since both bikes are full Ultegra, Conti-GP 4000S tires, same saddles ect I have a good comparison. If I had to pick between the two bikes it would be hard but...the Lynskey after a 80 mile ride is perhaps a more comfortable ride. Both bikes handle well but the Lynkey on rough roads and just plain going fast down hill feels like it's on rails!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also forgot to mention my LBS carries both Lynskey as well as Bianchi and test rides are always welcome to compare.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I also forgot to mention my LBS carries both Lynskey as well as Bianchi and test rides are always welcome to compare.
Seems like my kind of shop.

Had my eye on that colour Bianchi a while back, and yesterday in my car, stopped beside a guy on a R255. Was going to have a chat to him but the light turned green :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes..my kind of shop as well! :)

Bought two bikes from this shop and each time I went to try out one bike they set up 3 different ones for me to test ride...over and over till I make up my mind. If you are in the area I can't say enough for them and even I must drive 150 miles round trip.

Gran Fondo Cycles, Nashville, TN

1 - 20 of 35 Posts