Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Bianchi 001 - Many thanks for taking the time to differentiate between the Infinito and R255. I am curious, do you think that the ENVE fork is stiffer than the Infinito fork and makes up for not offering the over sized headtube? Your comments are consistent with how well the R255 rails and corners. Also do you feel that the R255 bottom bracket and chain-stays are as stiff and efficient as the Infinito?

Thanks CDIDriver

Hi CDIDriver,

I've put right at 1,000 miles on the Bianchi Infinito and just did 80 mlies on the Lynskey R255. Since both bikes are full Ultegra, Conti-GP 4000S tires, same saddles ect I have a good comparison. If I had to pick between the two bikes it would be hard but...the Lynskey after a 80 mile ride is perhaps a more comfortable ride. Both bikes handle well but the Lynkey on rough roads and just plain going fast down hill feels like it's on rails!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi CDIDriver,

Both bottom brackets seem as stiff... ENVE fork on the Lynskey made feel just a bit stiffer than the Bianchi but the Bianchi feels a bit faster in the sprints.

Hi Bianchi 001 - Many thanks for taking the time to differentiate between the Infinito and R255. I am curious, do you think that the ENVE fork is stiffer than the Infinito fork and makes up for not offering the over sized headtube? Your comments are consistent with how well the R255 rails and corners. Also do you feel that the R255 bottom bracket and chain-stays are as stiff and efficient as the Infinito?

Thanks CDIDriver

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
This past Saturday I picked up my new Lynskey R255. Full Ultegra groupset, mavic aksium wheelset, Specialzied Toupe saddle, Conti-GP 4000S tires, Cateye Stealth 10 computer ect....only put 80 miles on it and love it! I also have a Bianchi Infinto so the fit is just right! :)

View attachment 278000
Looks like a sweet bike Out of curiosity, why the Lynskey and not a Moots Vamoots or a Seven axiom? They seem comparable.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congrats on the new Lynskey. They are an amazing bike. Stiff but comfortable. Can ride it all day. Enjoy! Love my R230.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384398698.047890.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2014 Lynskey R255 for a little over a month now. It is a great bike, probably the last one I'll ever need to buy. It's smooth, stable, and has that classic look. I'm also pleased to ride a made-in-the-USA frame. It's set up with an Ultegra Compact 11-32, FSA cockpit, Lynskey TI seatpost, Lynskey Carbon Pro fork, Kysrium Elite S wheels, and Speedplay pedals. The only part I may upgrade is the Lynskey saddle.

·
Registered
470 Posts
sweet. My 255 is 3 months old now and loving it. The Lynskey saddle is way too narrow for me. I was very uncomfortable. Everything has been great since I swapped that out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I placed my order for a medium R255 this past weekend - I think I got the last 2014 medium in captivity from Chain Reaction (something is screwy about ordering a Chattanooga, TN made frame from the UK, but never mind). Really looking forward to building this rig up with Campy Record 11S, and a bunch of other hand-picked components. And really, really looking forward to that first ride!

:thumbsup:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts