Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this frameset. I am going to build it up with a SRAM Red Compact Group, Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium Wheels with Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX Tires, Selle SMP Glider Saddle and Deda Bar and Stem. I am just waiting for my parts to come in. I will post a picture of the complete build shortly.

Anyone riding one of these? What's your take on the frame and how it handles?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tindrum said:
i know nothing about this brand or model, but it is damned pretty.
Thanks for the compliment.

Lynskey founded Litespeed back in the days. Then when he was bought out he went back to making frames under his own name. They are very nice Ti frames all made in the USA by hand. Check them out on google.
 

·
Off the back.
Joined
·
64 Posts
"They are very nice Ti frames all made in the USA by hand."

They're made in Tennessee, buck. And don't you forget it!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. I just got the R120 as a long distance, more relaxed stablemate for my "racier" bike. I should have it built up by the weekend.

Is that the same paint job as yours? Mine's nude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bmurphy said:
"They are very nice Ti frames all made in the USA by hand."

They're made in Tennessee, buck. And don't you forget it!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. I just got the R120 as a long distance, more relaxed stablemate for my "racier" bike. I should have it built up by the weekend.

Is that the same paint job as yours? Mine's nude.
This the exact paint job I got on my frame. I didn't have enough money for a full custom paint job. This frame as seen here cost me $3350. But I know it will last forever so I'm pretty happy with the price I paid.
 

·
Off the back.
Joined
·
64 Posts
It will last forever, and the fit and finish on the frames I have seen are nothing short of incredible.

Enjoy your new ride... I know I will!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
master2129 said:
I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this frameset. I am going to build it up with a SRAM Red Compact Group, Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium Wheels with Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX Tires, Selle SMP Glider Saddle and Deda Bar and Stem. I am just waiting for my parts to come in. I will post a picture of the complete build shortly.

Anyone riding one of these? What's your take on the frame and how it handles?
I have one too. It is the best bike I've ever ridden. Have fun!
 

·
Juanmoretime
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
R320 here. The R420 would have been too stiff for me. With race wheels my Lynskey weighs out at 12.6 lbs.

http://lynskey.blogspot.com/search/label/weightweenie

There are a few different parts on it since my bike was featured on the Lynskey blog. My cranks are now the VumaQuads, the stem is an ITM Volo, cable housings are Alligator I-Links, the brakes and skewers are KCNC and the seatpost is an Alpha Q Prolite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Juanmoretime said:
R320 here. The R420 would have been too stiff for me. With race wheels my Lynskey weighs out at 12.6 lbs.

http://lynskey.blogspot.com/search/label/weightweenie

There are a few different parts on it since my bike was featured on the Lynskey blog. My cranks are now the VumaQuads, the stem is an ITM Volo, cable housings are Alligator I-Links, the brakes and skewers are KCNC and the seatpost is an Alpha Q Prolite.
John what a great looking rig! Impressive in every way. From what I gather your R320 is plenty stiff. Also, is the fork on your bike the original fork that came with your frameset?
 

·
Juanmoretime
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
master2129 said:
John what a great looking rig! Impressive in every way. From what I gather your R320 is plenty stiff. Also, is the fork on your bike the original fork that came with your frameset?
The fork was obtained from a builder that I know. I wanted an unfinished GS30 for the look and the weight. The GS30 came in at 302 grams cut and with the insert tuned and glued. I only weigh 157 lbs and a spinner verses a sprinter. So I do find the R320 as stiff as anything else I have ever owned.
 

·
Off the back.
Joined
·
64 Posts
R120 Pics

Okay, here she is. I just got back from her maiden voyage and I am very pleased with the way things turned out. I wanted a more comfortable, laid back ride than my Damocles and this is just the ticket. As Bogey said "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"!

Oh yeah, the Biomax bars look wonky as anything but boy are they comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
I think I have found my next ride. Man, that is a sweet looking setup there. Campy, clean, yum....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
I love naked titanium for it's looks and ease of care - don't have to worry about chipped/scratched paint. I cannot wait until I get my Serotta Legend back from having the dropout replaced. My buddy got a Lynskey to replace his Litespeed and loves it.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top