Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

My new Moots

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  lithuania 
#1 ·
After 6 months I finally get everything thing together and set up.
Moots PsychloX Frame
Alpha Q CX fork
Sram Force Groupo
TRP EuroX Brakes
Deda Newton Bar and Stem
Moots Cinch Ti Post
Challange Grifo 32 Tubies
DT 240s hubs
Sapim Spokes
Older Zipp 303 rims
King Headset
Time Pedals (Carbon XS i think)
I still havint spent much time on it, but the few quick spins have been fantastic. Need to make sure the motor is up to the task. Enjoy. Pardon the flowers in the one pic please.:rolleyes:

#11 ·
moots is changing their chain stays so the inside and outside will be flat shaped. I was told it will help with chain lines and clearance regarding external bb. The YBB version will not use the new stays as they will be too stiff and not flex like the current round ones.

should be a nice little touch.

#12 ·
Fanaticbiking said:
moots is changing their chain stays so the inside and outside will be flat shaped. I was told it will help with chain lines and clearance regarding external bb. The YBB version will not use the new stays as they will be too stiff and not flex like the current round ones.

should be a nice little touch.
Yeah, that's exactly why I was asking. Jon at Moots said that they just started rolling those out last week, hence I was wondering if this frame was one of those.

#13 ·
very nice.

#14 ·
Thanks for the coments.
Its not a custom frame, the frame geo is pretty much what I would get if I did go custom. Saddle position is a little odd, i agree. With the STA it puts me right between needing a set back post or a zero. With a zero I would have the saddle all the way back. I think im going to push it a bit further back and drop it a bit, thats more Euro anyway:rolleyes:

Thanks again, and enjoy. Only a few more months!

#17 ·
drumbum said:
What gearing did you choose? How's your chainring clearance?

I went with a 36-46 with an 11-23 for most stuff around here. I hav a 11-26 as well, but the 36-23 is plenty low enough.

The 36 is kinda tight, its not rubbing, and I dont think it will, but its tight. A 38 would be really close.
The outer ring has plenty of room.

I had a chance to vist the Moots factory and spoke to Jon about the chainstay issues. When I was there nothing had been done at that point, so I dont know what exactly they have planed. That is an amazing factory.

#20 ·
So, how do the Grifos handle in the flowerbed? I'd delete that photo ASAP before your local competitors think you've gone soft. Then again, you could totally be throwing them off mentally...;) If that's the case, I'd add a basket and streamers, though I think the guys at Moots would have a heart attack at the sight of a PsychloX with a pink basket on the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.