Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Cilo yesterday off of CL. Any of you know much about this bike/company? Googling came up with a Swedish company that filed for bankruptcy in 2002. It was a good deal, though, so I picked it up and I'm probably going to convert it to a SS. Came with 105 components throughout.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
palu said:
Oh, I don't know if this is more suited for the SS forum, but what do you guys think is the best way to cover up the holes that will be left by the shifters?

There won't be a hole..if you take the shifters off, you will be left with studs...Personally, I'd just leave them....

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
There won't be a hole..if you take the shifters off, you will be left with studs...Personally, I'd just leave them....
here is what it will look like..you can cut them off, file, and sand smooth but the bike will no longer be able to use DT shifters if you choose to convert back to a geared bike

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
A few years ago there was a Cilo parked outside a coffee hangout. It was a well worn 7-11 bike. So it wasn't a Cilo, it was actually a Merckx.

Anyway, Who was importing Cilos to North America back then? I didn't see any in shops or on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.