Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a lot of questions about getting a new road bike here and made my decision a couple weeks ago. I bought a 2015 Synapse Carbon 105 disc. My first real road bike, my first carbon bike and a upgrade from my old bikes spec's...... across the board.
I am impressed with the ride of the Carbon . It's a really great ride... rough roads that used to beat me up on my aluminum frame are not an issue anymore.The brakes are awesome and the 105 group set is a big upgrade from my old bike. I have it dialed in pretty good for now...just getting used to the road bike position , but I have been riding 30 mile rides with no issues.
The only thing that bothers me a little is the rear brake hydraulic hose that is in the frame rattles once in awhile, but not to bad. But overall..........

I'm Loving it !!!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
That's a nice looking ride.

Looking at the photo, you have a lot of seatpost and stem above the frame. Did you choose a size down intentionally?

At 6' 5" tall, not all bike are available in 'lanky' sizes to fit me, so have often been on frame that's a tad on the small side, with a lot of seatpost and stem above the frame. I've actually come to find I prefer the comfort and fit of this setup over a more traditional frame fit, especially on 'Endurance' type bikes (longer top tube/wheelbase).

Just curious if this was a choice, or an availability thing?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice looking C-dale, congrats. Too me that seat post doesn't look that high as I like my seat to bar drop to be about 3.5" and pretty close there I would say.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That synapse looks great in green trim. Very nice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 6' with long legs and arms. The bike is a 58. At first I thought it was to big , and it might be a little bit....but it was the only size they had left. I changed the stem to a 100mm and got basic fit by my LBS....

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,404 Posts
Congrats! I have a 2014 Synapse Carbon and love it. Great bike!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great looking bike! Funny how I was never a fan of black as a base color for bikes until I got one in that color...

I had a 2010 Synapse and put a lot of good miles on it.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I'm seriously considering adding one of these purely based on geometry.

Deep bottom bracket drop, longer chainstays, slack headtube, long rake and wheelbase... should be a stable missile on the descents.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the compliments 👍
I have about 200 miles on it so far...I love it. It's stable and rides fantastic. The steering isn't twitchy or nervous at all, which I like. The ride is so smooth !!
I can't ride it enough.. I'm very happy 😁

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Sweet! I had an Ultegra Aluminum with mechanical disc brakes - my only picks were the brakes and the wheels - the hydraulic brakes you have should fix the brake problems nicely! Love that color combo too

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like those color combos too. It looks flat black but can't tell for sure. I just picked up a used '14 Synapse alloy 105 5 and really like it. Black and white paint. Really wish it would be your color choice, but I got it at the right price. Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts