Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Size 61cm- built up from a frame/fork.

It's insanely nice- stiff as all get out and smooth riding. Downside, the cringe inducing price.
But after springing for the SRM I don't cringe as much as I used to- lol.

Full D/A, Zero Gravity Ti brakeset, SRM Professional D/A, Rolf Elan wheels, Continental attack/force tires, Easton EC90 Equip OS Carbon bars, crappy fitting stem, sweet Aliante carbon rail saddle. The bars, brakes and saddle were moved from my last rig.

Shiny pictures:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very - very - very sweet bike. Congratulations!

·
Administrator
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
renny94 said:
Hi, Any problems installing the wattage sensor ner your bottom bracket?
Yeah, a bit. You need to work slowly and carefully. Watching the SRM video helps. I combined the fancy rubberband thingees with black electrical tape. The first time it was too far away and I was getting screwly zero calibrations.

:)

·
Administrator
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mosovich said:
Orbea guy? What made you switch to the Specialized? Sweet ride! That's the frame I wanted, but ended up building a complete Opal with Record for the cost of the Specialized frame. How do they compare?
I am a bike floozy! Got a chance to try something different and went for it. I have had Cannondales, Orbeas, Seven, Litespeed- but I really like Orbea as a company.

But, I have had a hankering to try a Tarmac for a while, and really liked my training partners stock Tarmac SL, so when I needed a frameset for my SRM I said what the heck.

The Tarmac SL is smoother, stiffer and a bit lighter then the Opal, but it's alot more expensive- so I am not sure they are comparable. The Opal was a sweet bike- definitely the best frame Orbea has ever made. Also the Made to Order feature is damn cool too. Still have my custom Orbea cross/dirt road bike. And probably going to put together a Orbea TT bike this Winter too.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts