Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of patiently looking, I got may hands on a used 2002 Fuji Newest. Considering right next door, the same thing went here for $461 and I paid $300 even, I am pretty pleased. So, it is in great shape and was very well taken care of. The only changes made were to a carbon fiber fork and some Michelin tires (I think these or very similar 190g green Michelins). The previous owner suggested that I not use those tires for long distances-such as my upcoming RAGBRAI conditioning. So, being well experienced in mountain bikes but brand new to road bikes, I'd like a suggestion as to a good tire to use for training and in the 'BRAI. Any suggestions-on or off the tire topic-would be great!
Thanks and Prost!
Aaron

· Registered
173 Posts
conti gp4000s are very nice riding tires, and are supposed to last long.

they also roll really fast and are pretty supple--i recently put them on my beater bike and was greatly astonished by the difference in ride quality!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm looking for a suggestion on saddles too. I know they can be pretty user specific but is there one that is both inexpensive and more-or-less universally liked for long-ish rides?
Aaron

· pinoy thunder
342 Posts
Try the Terry Fly or SI Flite.

You would never ever ever know what saddle you will like until you sit one one for a couple of rides. Best way is to order a couple from Performance and keep the one you like, return everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.