Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been looking at new bikes online, however I just purchased my Waterford last year. I decided to switch from Shimano to Campy in an effort to trick my mind into thinking I had a new bike. It seems to have done the job!!! Here are some pictures of my "new" Waterford.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Sweet looking bike. Hope you enjoy it.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
prs77 said:
Lately I've been looking at new bikes online, however I just purchased my Waterford last year. I decided to switch from Shimano to Campy in an effort to trick my mind into thinking I had a new bike. It seems to have done the job!!! Here are some pictures of my "new" Waterford.
It doesn't matter why you switched to Campy. It only matters that you switched. That is truely a new bike. Enjoy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Size

The Carlster said:
Very sweet bike

- mother of god - that's a huge frame. What size is it? 63? What does it weigh in at?
Great guess.....it is in fact a 63! It weighs in at 19.8 with everything (pedals, cages, HR monitor, computer).

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Very nice indeed.

Here's mine, ordered late last summer. She currently weighs in at 18.8, although I've got some Eurus on order to bring it down some more.

Waterford builds an exceptional bike....

·
Incredibly slow
545 Posts
sn69 said:
Here's mine, ordered late last summer. She currently weighs in at 18.8, although I've got some Eurus on order to bring it down some more.

Waterford builds an exceptional bike....
Nice. I can't tell if it is camera angle, but does it have a slightly sloping top tube?

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Yup, it sure does. That was their choice, and while I wasn't particularly enthusiastic to learn about it mid build, I trusted their judgement. Once I got her and rode some 100+ mile rides, I agreed whole-heartedly with their decision--I told them that this was going to be an ultra-marathon bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bars

bikertim said:
Are those ITM bars? How do you like them?
They are indeed ITM bars. They're comfortable and I don't notice any flex when sprinting. I wasn't sure how my new ergolevers would fit on them, but I ended up having a nice flat platform for my hands.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Color

allezdude said:
what color silver is that? i just ordered an RS in silky silver and wonder what you have.
This silver was a standard color option. I didn't pay anything extra for the paint. I simply told my dealer I wanted it silver and this is how it arrived. I don't remember what they called this particular shade unfortunately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
good looking bike, but I am a little prejudiced, looks a lot like my crown jewel in 'platinum'... I'm slowly upgrading to campy, right now all I have is the chorus headset and record fd, scanning ebay all the time for more.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
That is sooo nice. I've thought about buying another steel roadie, but just can't get around to justifying right now. Maybe later ....
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 15 of 15 Posts