Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here are the pictures of my new wheels. As stated before, they are DT Swiss RR 1.2's, Chris King Mango 32-hole hubs, w/ DT straight gauge spokes. Sure they're not the lightest, but neither am I at 230 lbs. But unlike me...quite bombproof from what I hear.

I did remove the decals as they just didn't work for me. And yes I know, how much Chris King does a 6-year-old LeMond deserve? It's OK, I'm frame shopping as we speak, but it still won't stop me from polishing my current turd. :rolleyes:

Dan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not bad

Ha that's NOT a turd! You have a great looking steelie and somehow it all works in green and ck, Lemond's have good aesthetics imho. If it were my turd, I'd give it a thomson stem and a wireless computer and make it a double. I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm frame hunting because a) I'm looking for stiffer & lighter i.e. climbing bike, and b) I have a Chorus Compact group that needs a home. I could put it on my LeMond, but I'm going to keep that as my 'rain' bike, and I'm ready for a new frame too. You know...the 'itch'.

·
Registered
491 Posts
just to nit pick but that front QR lever is on the wrong side. Otherwise I think thats a nice bike, I have a soft spot for steel, I kept my steel bianchi as a rain bike even when a scott carbon bike came home, the scott is faster but the bianchi is smoother and nice when you dont want to hammer. Kudos for keeping a steelie in the house

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wankski - That's a 59cm (C-C) with a 59 TT & 72.5* SA. I'm 6'3" with an 84cm seat ht.

roadboy - Right after I took those pictures I caught that QR being backwards and switched it. Good catch!

Mike T. - I had asked them for double butted spokes, but I guess they missed it. It's not really a biggie to me. I got these on trade for some work I did for my LBS, so I'm not going to hammer them on it. I figure if I want to re-visit it in a few months when I lose weight (I'm 230 right now) then I can replace them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Looks nice. Nice job pickng the components for the wheels. And thanks for changing the QR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.