Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K guys, I have about 200 miles on my new Ambrosio "Excellence" rims and let me tell you they are "the bomb". These are the most perfectly balanced rims I ever used, and although the Mavic "Open 4 CD" rims I had were real nice, these rims are better and have more of a silky smooth ride. They are still straight and true, like they were when I got them, and the red anodise is eye candy on a retro bike like mine, especially with the "Record" hubs. The anodise looks more like a rich satin red color that is more opaque than the (also beautiful) translucent red anodise on the old 'Open Pros'. Those were the ones I wanted at first, but could only find them on e-bay (if I was lucky)

Just thought I'd share some of my "giddyness" with you guys. Check out the pics and see what you think. :p

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=62638

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
those rims match that bike. Beautiful setup, that frame is in great shape. have you posted a review of the ride anywhere? i'm curious as to the ride of a SL frame. there's always one for sale on eBay. I have a set or FiR sc170 rims (red) on chorus hubs that are my favorites that look similar, yours have more detail.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cmg said:
those rims match that bike. Beautiful setup, that frame is in great shape. have you posted a review of the ride anywhere? i'm curious as to the ride of a SL frame. there's always one for sale on eBay. I have a set or FiR sc170 rims (red) on chorus hubs that are my favorites that look similar, yours have more detail.
Thanks "cmg", at least someone likes my wheels. Would you believe that I searched high and low for your exact rims? Those were the ones I originally wanted, (the FiR sc170) but could not find them anywhere. It was like searching for the holy grail. I ultimately had to settle for the Ambrosio "Excellence" and am glad I did, but they were hard to find too. At any rate my SL frame rides very sweet. Its a '91 and I purchased it in '2000 for a 'grand'. The bike was 'mint'.

~ umm....you would'nt happen to have a pic of your sc170's would you? Just so I could swoon? :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.