Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
a$$hole
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos below. Nothing super fancy, but a nice upgrade for me. I was riding the stock Shimano RS-10's that came on my bike. A week ago I was browing around ProBikeKit.com and they had the Fulcrum Racing 5's for $215.79 USD. Pricepoint was selling them for $399, Ebay had them for $279 + $50 shipping. I ended up buying them from ProBikeKit and the total paid was $246 (which included small postage charge for the size of the box). Put on a new set of Michelin Pro Race 3's and now I've got new wheels and tires for the season.

I put 40 miles on them this morning...they roll very nicely (compared to the stock Shimano RS-10's I've been using for the past year). The rear hub is loud...but not obnoxiously loud like some of the Mavics. The rolling weight has to be lighter than the Shimano's because on my sprints today the wheels felt like rockets...of course it could be just the mental effect of having new wheels...but I swear they really did feel like they spun up a lot quicker.

Anyway...just wanted to share...I'm just psyched the weather was 78 degrees today and season is back in! (bye bye trainer!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts