Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post some pics of my new ride.2008 Wilier izoard W/Campy Record.I know I know. I will upgrade the wheels sooner than later!:D I am also still deciding on stem height.

· Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
The more I see of the Wilier, the more I really like them. That is a super nice bike!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supergo rocks!

Richard said:
Really nice. But is that a "Supergo/Performance" saddle? That thing cries out for some "selle" from "Italia."
Thanks for the compliment.And yes that is a supergo saddle.My arse would never forgive me if I ever got rid of it(super comfortable)!!!plus it only weighs 173 grams w/TI rails.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smooth not snappy!

mandovoodoo said:
Looks great. 73 parallel - should be a nice snappy ride. I've got a Thor with the 72.35 head and it's not snappy, rather sleek and smooth. Ride quality is thrilling. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
Just like you said, my bike feels smooth and super stable! It eats up decents and corners like no other bike I have had.Could be that I am used to riding bikes considered snappy!And thanks for the compliment!:)

· Registered
3,096 Posts
Dolamite said:
Thanks for the compliment.And yes that is a supergo saddle.My arse would never forgive me if I ever got rid of it(super comfortable)!!!plus it only weighs 173 grams w/TI rails.
Actually I had one on my now departed Scattante XRL "beater bike" and it was every bit as comfortable as my Selle Italia Flite Ti and the inexpensive CR2 on my fixie. And far better than, what is for me, the marginal Fizik Arione.

And yes, that Campy specced Willier is bike I could proudly call my own.:thumbsup:

· On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
Great bike! That blue trim is different and I really like it!

Tim

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not red white and black!

takl23 said:
Great bike! That blue trim is different and I really like it!

Tim
Thanks.Wilier has two paint options for the izoard.I just wanted something a little diffrent than all the ohter red black and white bikes out at the moment!And you also do not see to many Wiliers around!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Richard said:
Actually I had one on my now departed Scattante XRL "beater bike" and it was every bit as comfortable as my Selle Italia Flite Ti and the inexpensive CR2 on my fixie. And far better than, what is for me, the marginal Fizik Arione.

And yes, that Campy specced Willier is bike I could proudly call my own.:thumbsup:
I took mine off my Scattante SC-R wich I still own(I love that bike!!)I will probably put it back on after I buy my new prologo scratch in white! IMO they should have dumped the performance brand and kept supergo with all the awsome weyless stuff!:cryin:

· Registered
587 Posts
JimmyORCA said:
How does the new RED levers feel compared to the regular Record ones. Is it really a noticable difference? Very nice bike, what wheels are you thinking about getting?
I believe the changes were mostly cosmetic to mimic and try to gain some leverage against the very popular SRAM Red Group. Did you know that SRAM Red is outselling both Shimano and Campy combined 3 to 1? Campy had to do something to stop the hemorraging. Shimano is next.

· Defender of Freedom...
612 Posts
JimmyORCA said:
How does the new RED levers feel compared to the regular Record ones. Is it really a noticable difference? Very nice bike, what wheels are you thinking about getting?
I rode a set a few weeks ago. Feels almost identical to 2-3 year old Chorus ergos. Much more audible and positive "click".

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Feels Good!

JimmyORCA said:
I did not try the reg Record.They feel just like my 06' centuar groupo wich is exactly what I was looking for!! Campagnolo is my personal preference I have tried the rest so I just stick with the best!! Plus I love the thumb action. I can thank Shimano sora for that.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right on.

Ramjm_2000 said:
I rode a set a few weeks ago. Feels almost identical to 2-3 year old Chorus ergos. Much more audible and positive "click".
+1 I feel the same!Feels just like my 06'centuar.:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.