Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just made it back from four days in Balimore. Didn't get to see too much as I was stuck on the waterfront at the Marriot for the most part listening to how Prez Bush's people can make all our lives better etc. etc. But, even though I never got to ride (major bummer) or go to far from the waterfront I did find the whole Waterfront/Fell's Point region one of the cooler areas I've been too in some time. I was planning on doing some riding but as I was there with my bosses I got stuck going to dinner each night so basically was limited to getting up at 3 in the morning B-more time and then walking as far as I could before starting the conference nightmare at 7. Really enjoyed what I saw and the great weather. Here's a bunch of pics just kind of summarzing some of the stuff that caught my attention. Next time I'm bringing the bike and staying a few extra days. Again, not sure what the rest of the place is like but sure liked what I did manage to see. Here's the pics:

Getting up at 3am does have its advantages a couple hours later. . .

Loved Fell's Point and all it's old style glamour. Favorite part of my trip was wandering down there. First pic is from inside the building where they filmed Homicide.

Really liked many of the old buildings (now evidently becoming super pricey condos!)

Lots of cool doors and such:

The waterfront was neat too:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
WOW!!!!!! i've been to bawlmer twice, and ain't seen nothin' like this!

RT, you have quite a talent and a good eye! thanks for the pics!!!!!!!!

here's my absolute fav:

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Thanks for the pics

You make my hometown look good. My office is just beyond the upper right hand corner of the downtown skyline photo.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I missed all the cool areas Arby posts pics about. I didn't see any flat rats, no tough looking crossing guards, or nothing like that. There were a lot of hot young urban chicas if the single guys on this board are intersted.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Ridgetop said:
I think I missed all the cool areas Arby posts pics about. I didn't see any flat rats, no tough looking crossing guards, or nothing like that. There were a lot of hot young urban chicas if the single guys on this board are intersted.
i've twice learned my lesson about northrun girls. no thanks. not even for one "date". etc.

edit: this does not have anything to do with Von. my last two relationships were with girlz from NY.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Ridgetop said:
so basically was limited to getting up at 3 in the morning B-more time and then walking as far as I could...
Translation: After I closed down every strip club on the block, here's what I saw....

Just kidding. Great pics. :D

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
hit the nail on the head. Its funny, I have some of almost the exact same pics of my July rendezvous with my family and subsequent ride with MarkS and Arby. Baltimore is pretty cool, I just wish I had more time to hang out there. Get your pics in the summer or on the weekends and you would see a drastically different pic. People everywhere.

Thanks for sharing.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
Ridgetop said:
so basically was limited to getting up at 3 in the morning B-more time and then walking as far as I could...
Translation: After I closed down every strip club on the block, here's what I saw....

Just kidding. Great pics. :D
That is The Block thank you very much! ;)
Ridgetop sorry about the crappy schedule. Next time hopefully you'll have time to ride. There are a number of beautiful parts of the city away from the inner harbor which was the roughest part of town for many years.
Great pics I love the rail and cobblestone shot from Thames Street! The hotel you were at is locally know as the BMW (at least in the industry).

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Good (no make that great) stuff.

Does Arby know you took his photos?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Zey,

I truely wish I had more time there. Not sure when the next meetings will be, but my wife and I are planning on doing it together and making it a full week. If it happens I may be asking people here on the board for info on where to go and what not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts