Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a San Jose single speed, a Klein Quantum, and an 1885 alum/hydro/carbon Bianchi. Besides my Bianchi, my other favorite "bike" is my '96 Miata.

Any cycling enthusiasts out there also own a roadster? And I don't mean a Mustang.

Bill in St. Paul, MN

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had a nice 97' preped for track days.... had. It was only after it was discovered that I had two kids that I had to sell the car, I obviously wasn't gay.

·
done
3,293 Posts
Bill Bikie said:
Any cycling enthusiasts out there also own a roadster?
If I had a garage, I'm pretty sure I'd own a Triumph GT6 by now. Don't know if it's technically a roadster, since it does have a roof.

If I had a garage and too much money, I am absolutely sure I'd own a Beck 550 Spyder, assuming I could even fit in it.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
By the color scheme of course. Those are straight rainbows on the front fender.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I had an older gentlemen in a Miata trying to "shoot the gap" aka speed up, and cut me off to beat me to a light. The only problem was my GTI was faster so I closed the gap and he didn't succeed. At the next light he was next me and steaming mad. He was giving me the stink eye and such so I rolled the window and asked him if his wife knew he was driving her car that way. He liked that less........

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some comments are really lame

I shouldn't really respond to the lame comments by the small majority of you clowns, because I'm sure I'll get some intellectually vacuous responses. But hey... it'll be another opportunity to again show others on this site how imature and defunct you are. I guess cyclists can be jackasses too. You homophobes better buy a pick-up truck quick or someone may think your gay.

Some of you guys are ignorant about the Miata, of which over 700,000 units have been sold since 1989. It's the worlds biggest selling sports car. With 50-50 weight distribution, front engine/rear drive, a 6spd, and a very low center of gravity, it'll out handle 95% of the cars on the road. A good used one can be bought for $3000 to $4000, and many owners supercharge their Miatas and end up with 200-300 hp.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Bill Bikie said:
Some of you guys are ignorant about the Miata, of which over 700,000 units have been sold since 1989. It's the worlds biggest selling sports car.
So it's like a Trek.

Does Trek make good bikes?

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
What's funny is that for all the hate miatas get for being a "gay" car or "girly", the only people I see driving older miatas are car enthusiasts.

Personally, I would love to get a turbo miata sometime.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts