Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

In my mind, there's one company that continues to produce fantastic custom TI bikes and this is my go-to choice. Seven. I've had my Seven Axiom for about 7 years. It's been through two groupsets and thousands of miles and it still performs like a the day it was created. It's my defacto bad weather bike.

So, late January, I ordered their latest offering for winter riding. The Treeline. I worked with Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA to acquire the Treeline. Since I'm a roadie and the main purpose is to ride this in the snow and bad weather, the custom build was tailored to my riding style. The objective wasn't to get a fat bike but a bad-weather bike 2.0. Though the Evergreen looked like it was a good choice, it was very similar to my CX bike. The Treeline made sense as I can go out during New England winters and not be bothered with packed snow. :)

So, here it is... a full custom Treeline. Seven and RSC wowed me and delivered in less than 3 weeks. :) Yes, it looks strange with drop bars but it fits my unique need for this bike.

Ride safely,

Joe

treeline2.jpg treeline1.jpg

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
It doesn't look strange with drop bars. John Tomac was famous for racing a mountain bike with drop bars. If I had money to burn I'd try this configuration in a heartbeat.

I wonder whether the front end geometry has to change to consider the influence of the high mass of the front wheel. Surely it must change how the bike steers.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Peter! You're correct steering is indeed interesting so to speak. It feels like the bike just wants to go on a straight line. It takes a little bit of upper body coordination to steer. The tires are massive. Coming from a roadbike, you could easily notice the difference. The bike is a joy to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts