Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. A human one, to boot. This is the story.

My bedroom is on the first floor of a old 4-unit apartment building, and both (the room and building) are basically Bauhaus rectangles. Behind the apartment is an alley, with no fence - front or back - to keep out the wealthy riff-raff who parade their purebreds through our lawn and graciously leave us free fertilizer. My room has 2 windows; they are joined at the corner of the room. I have a nice view of the alley and part of the poopy lawn.

So one day I was sitting at my desk playing Halo, and my parrot, a yellow-sided conure named Clark - was chillin' on top of his cage, doing parrot-y things; a normal day. The windows are both open but the screens are down for obvious reasons. Then this old woman (60s) comes near the window with her d*amn teacup poodle and get about 1' away and starts talking to the bird.

"Aw, look at the pretty birdie honey! See the birdie? See?" I guess the dog didn't really care because she then hoisted it up to the screen - its nose touching it - and kept on prattling about the pretty birdie. Clark was interested (what the hell is that?) and walked over on his cage, but then the stupid excuse for a pet started barking and it freaked Clark out so he retreated. The weird thing is, the woman couldn't see me because of the angle of where I was sitting. But there was the sound of explosions and typing coming through the window...any reasonable person would probably assume someone was in the room.

She does this every few days, same routine. And never sees me, even as I clearly see her. Hey, I'm all for some parrot-and-dog Milo and Otis friendship, but the poodle just barks and I'm sure just wants to poop and walk away. Should I approach this crazy hag? It's kind of irritating...I'd be nice about it, even introduce her to Clark, but I mean, this is bordering on some sort of bestial voyeurism. Weird.

Suggestons?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
2Fast2Furryious said:
Seriously. A human one, to boot. This is the story.

My bedroom is on the first floor of a old 4-unit apartment building, and both (the room and building) are basically Bauhaus rectangles. Behind the apartment is an alley, with no fence - front or back - to keep out the wealthy riff-raff who parade their purebreds through our lawn and graciously leave us free fertilizer. My room has 2 windows; they are joined at the corner of the room. I have a nice view of the alley and part of the poopy lawn.

So one day I was sitting at my desk playing Halo, and my parrot, a yellow-sided conure named Clark - was chillin' on top of his cage, doing parrot-y things; a normal day. The windows are both open but the screens are down for obvious reasons. Then this old woman (60s) comes near the window with her d*amn teacup poodle and get about 1' away and starts talking to the bird.

"Aw, look at the pretty birdie honey! See the birdie? See?" I guess the dog didn't really care because she then hoisted it up to the screen - its nose touching it - and kept on prattling about the pretty birdie. Clark was interested (what the hell is that?) and walked over on his cage, but then the stupid excuse for a pet started barking and it freaked Clark out so he retreated. The weird thing is, the woman couldn't see me because of the angle of where I was sitting. But there was the sound of explosions and typing coming through the window...any reasonable person would probably assume someone was in the room.

She does this every few days, same routine. And never sees me, even as I clearly see her. Hey, I'm all for some parrot-and-dog Milo and Otis friendship, but the poodle just barks and I'm sure just wants to poop and walk away. Should I approach this crazy hag? It's kind of irritating...I'd be nice about it, even introduce her to Clark, but I mean, this is bordering on some sort of bestial voyeurism. Weird.

Suggestons?
i know she's 60, but is she hot?

i say meet her on the back steps with a strong drink and see what happens from there.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Was that meant to ridicule my post about Halo or do you really play?
dude, change yer avatar, yer about to make me vomit (again). etc.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Easy

Train your parrot to say, "I'll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too," with some cackling afterwards. That should keep her away.

Or you could just get some blinds.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
lets_ride said:
Train your parrot to say, "I'll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too," with some cackling afterwards. That should keep her away.

Or you could just get some blinds.
agreed! that, or rotten eggs thru the window!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
No! Dress up like a pirate -you already got the parrot-, and start stalking her back. Aaaargh, it's driving me nuts!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
We'll see. I am still searching for the perfect avatar.
yes, but the one you have is disturbing. how about something like a warm puppy?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
lets_ride said:
Get yourself one of these costumes and run up to the window squawking at her.
This is excellent! Better yet, run after her outside...

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
lets_ride said:
Screaming, "I'm a pretty birdie!!!! I'm a PRETTY birdie!!!!"
Perfect!

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
change it back to the dude grabbing his crotch

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I might. But I don't have the pic without the glasses I edited in. I wish someone would post the original.
enjoy

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Thanks. My avatar is rockin'.
Great. I've got blisters on my retinas already. Can't you just once pick an avatar that's not totally annoying? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts