Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
naranjito
785 Posts
"But feel the paint job a little slovenly.
Prince even painting off. Purely defective one"

not sure what you´re trying to say... what do you feel is wrong with the paint? and i can´t see any photos of a prince in your post. what´s defective?

foz

·
naranjito
785 Posts
OK - I can see the photos of the prince now!!! but do tell about the paint - i need to know because my paris carbon should be here in a week or two and i don´t want any nasty surprises!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
szkaitec said:
Just got the new frame. Very excited.
But feel the paint job a little slovenly.
Prince even painting off. Purely defective one.
Yeah, I've been disappointed on the Pins I've seen at a LBS. The silver graphic is not paint, but a decal which can peel off! I think the frame was a Dogma. For those bills, the silver should be integrated into the paint and clear coated over. See lotta orange peel too.

Granted, it's not the highest end model, but the pin striping on a 2006 Galileo I saw was smeared. Right on the top tube too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have seen several Pinarello's with thin and brittle paint. One was a Marvel, another a Dogma, and the 3rd was a 2006 Galileo. All had little chips by the time they were built: lightly tap a L-shaped hex on the top tube, and a 2x2mm flake would chip off. The Galileo had been ridden 1 week by the time I saw it and had multiple chips. Really unnacceptable, IMO. The F4:13 I built last year seemed to have much sturdier paint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Paint problems

Could you send posts of your paint problem on your 2006 Galileo.
I saw a blue&black and a white&black at my LBS and did'nt notice the paint defects.
I'm still interested in either the Galileo or the F4:13.
You got me worried with your last post.:confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
40dave said:
Could you send posts of your paint problem on your 2006 Galileo.
I saw a blue&black and a white&black at my LBS and did'nt notice the paint defects.
I'm still interested in either the Galileo or the F4:13.
You got me worried with your last post.:confused:
Sorry, it was the rep's bike, so I don't have a photo. But, he had it only built for a week, and had a few paint chips already. My Dogma has already had the paint chips patched up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
F4:13

Bought all carbon colored F4:13 two months ago. Rides and looks great, about 1m so far on it.
Only issue was the seat post clamp would not tighten up enough. LBS solved the problrm.
I would highly recommended the bike. :

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
I've seen corners of a brand new Pinarello Opera frame's head badge lifting off which was made out of soft clear plastic and was stuck on with sticky back... looked real cheesy... real turn off....

·
Registered
42 Posts
F4:13 weight

Congrats TripleB for your new F4:13
Could you tell us your build on your new baby?
Do you know the exact weight?
Just trying to see if the gain of weight between a mixt frame (alu + carbon fork and back) and a full carbon is substantial or not ?
Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ride reports anyone....? Any comparisons? You all must be getting in mega miles with those objects of lust in your garage, beckoning to be ridden!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Opera's

6was9 said:
I've seen corners of a brand new Pinarello Opera frame's head badge lifting off which was made out of soft clear plastic and was stuck on with sticky back... looked real cheesy... real turn off....
OK, you guys have me worried now. I have just put a deposit down on a nice new Opera Leonardo FP. How long ago did you see this problem with the head badge? When you say a Pinarello Opera are you referring to the original Pinarello Opera or one of the new Opera's? Should I be asking some questions on the paint job at my LBS? All the Opera's I have seen have appeared on first inspection to have superlative paint jobs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
weight

Pinarerello F4:13 Set up:
Record(no carbon cranks)
Eurus Wheels(nice looking)
Speedplay(no problems)
Deda Newton Bar and Stem
Fizik Arione(ouch)
Most(pinny seat post)
Cateye computer
Serfas carbon bottle holders(cool)
weight about 17lbs
The bike is sweet. I live in Florida so weight is not a big issue. The bike handles great and is very stiff. @180lbs. it is comfortable for me. The top tube is vlong be sure you take that in to account when fitting the bike, You wont notice it until you are on the bike for a long ride.
I hope that helps.
I will try to get an exact figure on the weight.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Aussie Carl said:
OK, you guys have me worried now. I have just put a deposit down on a nice new Opera Leonardo FP. How long ago did you see this problem with the head badge? When you say a Pinarello Opera are you referring to the original Pinarello Opera or one of the new Opera's? Should I be asking some questions on the paint job at my LBS? All the Opera's I have seen have appeared on first inspection to have superlative paint jobs.[/quote

No I don't think you need to worry about the head badge... I was talking about a Pin Opera that I saw a couple of years ago... the new Pin and Opera frames, I don't think, come with real (well..plastic) attached/ raised head badge any more...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Head badge

It is plastic,raised and I can see it peeling. The LBS said he will replace it if it comes off.
A minor issue in my opinion the rest of the workmanship on the bike is outstanding.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Black and blue machine

Congrats on the completion of your build
Really nice looking bike.
Could you tell us the details on your build.
Seems to me like you went with a good portion of Campy.
Record carbon crank ? Neutron wheels ?
By the way are your wheels enough rigid on climbs ?
Would you have the weight of your finish baby ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts