Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately it's not =( I got the bike used, and it came with this fork. I wonder how much the original fork will run me from specialized...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Those are interesting pictures. In the first picture, it looks like your handle bars are even or slightly above your saddle. In the second picture, they definitely look lower than your saddle. Weird, as in both pictures it doesn't look like you flipped the stem or removed any spacers. I can't say lower your bars because that's a fit thing and you put the bars where they work for you, but the pictures have my mystified.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
martinrjensen said:
Those are interesting pictures. In the first picture, it looks like your handle bars are even or slightly above your saddle. In the second picture, they definitely look lower than your saddle. Weird, as in both pictures it doesn't look like you flipped the stem or removed any spacers. I can't say lower your bars because that's a fit thing and you put the bars where they work for you, but the pictures have my mystified.

First pic was shortly after I got the bike home after buying it. I adjusted my seat after that lol. I noticed that too when I was looking.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
martinrjensen said:

Better yet it might just be the angle.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
What am I looking for here?

You changed the bar tape and took off some really great tires... added a bottle cage and seat bag.

What kind of advice are you looking for? Put the Contis back on. Or is this about mixing black and white?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Conti's were falling apart, they came w/ the bike. a few threads were coming off the side of the tired, didn't know if that was safe or not.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
tire logos don't quite line up with wheel logos, and you should clean the counter off a bit

other than that it looks sharp

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Contis usually do that, but they are fine until you start seeing threads through the rubber that meets the road. I just trimmed the threads and used them for like, 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dajianshan said:
Contis usually do that, but they are fine until you start seeing threads through the rubber that meets the road. I just trimmed the threads and used them for like, 10,000 miles.
Awesome. I guess I should have asked or searched. I thought it would just explode or collapse while I was riding one day. Is there a way to prevent any more thread from coming out? Glue or something along those lines?

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
I would try to add more stickers. I'm not sure about on a bicycle, but on a motorcycle the correct amount of stickers adds 5 hp.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
SimonChik said:
Awesome. I guess I should have asked or searched. I thought it would just explode or collapse while I was riding one day. Is there a way to prevent any more thread from coming out? Glue or something along those lines?
Contis have tread wear indicators - two small round divets in the tread. Ride until the rubber has worn to this point - takes guesswork out of when to replace tires.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts