Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed this to a group of friends to general amusement and approval. Now submitted for yours -- use it as you like!

"Yesterday, I changed my tack a bit with road rage drivers.

I have decided to try TOTAL NON SEQUITUR RANDOMNESS.

So, when the minivan pointed at the glass-strewn shoulder (not a bike lane) and shouted "Get on the f**king bike path," I replied,
"OCTOPUS!"

I would've said "Are you stupid, or just blind," I will instead say, "Do you like camping?" or "My, that is a strange umbrella you have got there."

--

Others shared their own excellent, random ideas to shout, including "What have you done with my jacket!" and "I AM NOT A SALAMANDER!"

This will be entertaining.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love mind-banging people in such a manner as described above. Octopus is wonderful.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Dude you made me laugh.

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
I wave like crazy, like we are long lost pals. +10 points if you can get a quizzical wave back.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
I thank them for pointing out the error of my ways and effusively gush about how grateful I am they have saved my life. Seems to be working so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last week, Me & my son were going down a very narrow winding road, a Prius was behind us for a few minutes not able to pass because of the narrow street, we came to a stop sign & we stopped. I was anticapting to come up to this stop sign so I can wave him pass, I guess he ran out of patient finally & gave us a long big honk, I waved him to pass us & gave him a thumbs up.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But that way they know you're being ridiculous, you have to totally throw them off their rocker with randomness!

At least, that's yours truly's plan. :)

theBreeze said:
I thank them for pointing out the error of my ways and effusively gush about how grateful I am they have saved my life. Seems to be working so far.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Oh man that is so much better than blowing kisses

·
What the what???
12,714 Posts
I find that "Thank you, concerned citizen" has just the right mix of potential truthfulness and unexpectedness... but I do like Octopus.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
This makes me think of the old "dude" and its hundred different meanings.

Do you shout octopus as if they need to look left cause there is one in the street? Or do you shout it like your a lunatic that loves things with lots of legs?

Or maybe in slow motion like it is too late they are about to be swallowed by a giant octopus that fell from the sky while they were bsuy messing with you?

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Blessing

God bless you my child.

Have you found Jesus?

I am looking for Jesus and he wasnt on the bike path. Can you help me find Jesus?

Although for the foul mouthed women/girls:
Does your boyfriend let you put his dck in that filthy mouth of yours?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
This has some real potential. It'll throw someone off, and partly scare them off. A mad driver is less likely to get violent with some crazy person who could do totally unexpected things.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts