Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Off the back.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stoked, can't wait for it to get here. I picked up a 2005 Roubaix Comp Double (preferred it over the 2006 model), and it will be my first road bike. I've been riding my 29lb, 6" travel mountain bike with 2.35 tires up and down the climbs around Boulder, CO so the Roubaix should be a welcome change to climbing on my mountain bike.

My day is completely shot just gazing out the windows waiting for the FedEx guy to bring my bike.

·
Off the back.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two rides on the Roubaix, and I've got to say I'm very happy. Its much more comfortable than I expected. I did a 21 mile rolling hill loop the first day I had it and I felt great. I am finding that it does require some different technique/muscles to mountain biking, but so far so good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the '05 also. I had an '06 on order, but they had one at my LBS in stock, so I talked myself into the '05. Better components, and I love the flat black. I test rode it and loved it, but I too have only ridden MTB's before. I was able to get it for $2650 - is that a good price? How much did you guys pay?

Bike should be ready to pick up tomorrow - I can't wait :)

·
Off the back.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is the 05 Comp (DA shifters, cassette, rear der. - Ultegra front der. - FSA SLK cranks). I got it "used" for $1750. I couldn't tell it had ever been ridden, hence the quotes around used. It still had the white, sticky lube on the chain that comes on new chains.

Regardless of what it costs, I really do love this bike. Very comfy. I figured coming from a 6" travel bike to a road bike I'd feel beat up after rides, but this thing is very forgiving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forgive the noob ques: what are Curcults?

Just brought home the roubaix, and my GF got herself a Ruby comp. Amazing ride. Only real road bike I've ridden, but it felt GREAT. Can't wait to get out there some more!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put 2000 miles on those wheeles on previous bike 1000 on the Roubaix. Never been trued. I weigh 226lbs. The guy who bought the super sport has already trashed the rear mavic. Although he weighs I'm guessing about 260lbs. In my opinion the Velomax Circuits are bombproof. I think they are also lighter.

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
1,032 Posts
mmccloy said:
Bike looks great.

So what's the deal with the mavics? Are the circuits stronger? lighter? Got em for looks? Maybe just better built?
A bit lighter{around 200g},a bit more aero{4mm},a bit better looking{imo} and just a better wheelset.Not sure about the hubs on either. If they would have been the Elites i would have been happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.