Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I took my own pictures so I get my own post. I did the Friday ride with ATP, Len, Badley, Mickey, and Starliner. ATP and Len did 65, the rest of us unintentionally did 70. LaJolla Shores is not a bike route. We had to ride on the section of road that the cars wouldn't even drive on. The hotel was near the Whaley House which is supposedly the most haunted house in America. Here are some of the pictures.

A group shot including Len J (whom I am sitting next to on a couch as I type), Mapei and his lovely wife Il Sogno, Mickeymac, J's, Snap, Myself, Dave Hickey, Starliner, and Eddy.
Len J's sweet ride.
Regroup and shots at Solana Beach.
Regroup at the top of Torrey Pines.
My mileage total for the weekend. I did not do the group ride on Saturday since I had an allergic reaction to tequila. I did ride later and ended up doing around 40 miles in the afternoon.

FWIW, it wasn't that warm but it was warmer than -2c.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
A pleasure to meet and ride with you Bill. I found out the carrier was the Nimitz and posted a pic. Maybe you know the others?

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Hey BigBill, it was nice to meet you! You had a lot of funny stories to share. I'm glad you got that last shot of the big group on Sunday. Post more pics!! Were you the one who got a shot of the bike with all the spacers? Post it if you have it. I wonder if that had something to do with being handicapped??

P.S. Don't listen to ATP, you're plenty big, at least compared to me!! (Yes, I was the shortest one there.) ;)

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Good evening Bill! I never realised just how tall you are until the group shot. Nothing like making eddy, mapei, il sogno and dave look slightly smaller than you ;). Man, 142 miles (I'm assuming you don't ride km) is a lot for a casual weekend meeting in SD.
Cheers, Wayne
ps. Yes, Len does have one nice ride...
pss. This is what we do when it's -3C and sunny!! Nothing like a little skating on the ice with Edward in the carriage and Albert on the snowracer. Cool.

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
Enjoyed your company immensely, Large Bill. Like Eddy I am curious as to whether the pic you took of the bike with all those spacers came out. I'm lurking the components forum to see if you've posted it yet.

Are you back in HI yet? If so, shaka and hele on, brah! :) :cool:

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
twrecks said:
What's the deal with the looooonnnnggg mount for the computer? Over-compensation?
K-wing bars with no round section to mount a computer. Go back to your basement. Here is the picture referenced by Eddy. Stem police alert!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts