Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So once again here are step by step pictures of my second ever build. I had a hell of a time trying to set the Delta brakes up (I'm sure some of you know exactly what I'm talking about).

The whole Gruppo is 1993 Campagnolo Record with C-Record Delta brakes. I also have an Athena BB, I was thinking of putting a Croce d'Aune pushrod rear derailler but changed my mind. Notice that I had originally planned for a 3TTT Forma stem and handlebars, but changed my mind and opted for a classic Cinelli bar and stem.

The Saddle is a Selle San Marco Laser, which I got off an old, and not well known, Biemmezeta bike. The seatpost is 1990's Chorus which might eventually be changed.

I was recommended by Giuseppe Mariononi to use Ambrosio Evolution rims to go with the original Record Hubs, I looked them up online and they are apparently great rims for the money.

Please note the Campagnolo Record Headset from the 1990's with lubrication ports.

I think this might be one of the prettiest bikes in Montreal, I cannot wait to go strolling with it in the streets of Little Italy!
:)

Here's the original bike with a full 105 Gruppo and McDonalds Paint Scheme. Please note the bottle of Knob Creek that I bought prior to disassembly, I love Bourbon.

And finally! :)

·
TheHeadlessThompsonGunner
523 Posts
Sweet bike! Regardless of how well it matches - and it does - that looks like the world's most uncomfortable saddle. And yes: Ambrosio rims are great, period. I hope you ride that beyond just the confines of Little Italy! But don't just lock it up any old place, because I WILL steal those cranks.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Now that is one sweet bike!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This bike screams for a White Rolls or Turbo. Please discard that ugly seat. The rest of the bike is really splendid!

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
Plus one

zoro said:
This bike screams for a White Rolls or Turbo.
Yes indeed.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Where'd you find a seat that color? I don't dislike it, and it doesn't look uncomfortable to me. I've just never seen anything like it (the color). I think the bike looks great. Like the paint a lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, for the record the saddle IS comfortable...it is a selle san marco Laser, which is very similar to the turbo saddle. I originally planned for a white Turbo, Rolls or even Regal...however they are 2 to 3 times the price of their black counterparts.

I have a Rolls on the other bike, its a fantastic saddle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's very beautiful ,especially the frame,I like it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts