Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I don't like to wear it because 5 mintues into my ride the bottom of the back is starting to crawl up my back.

Anybody have any ideas? Is it too late to "install" the rubber gripper like all bike jerseys should have in the first place?

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
It may be too late for rubber, but not too late for duct tape, pins, velcro or rocks in your pocket.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Velcro works fine. Use the sticky back kind and cut 2" long strips. Place the hook side only near the bottom edge of the jersey. Put one in the front, one on each side and 3 equally spaced across the back. The hook side will grab your shorts & prevent them from riding up. There's no need to use the loop or smooth side. One caveat; the hook side of the velcro will leave rough spots where it contacts your shorts, but I've never had any wear through.

BTW, if you press the sticky back Velcro on hard it won't come off even is you put it through the washing machine & dryer. I put the Velcro strip on then roll it with a rolling pin or spray paint can using lots of pressure.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys.

1. I do wear bibs.
2. I have 15 jerseys
3. A size bigger would be too big.
4. I keep my cell phone, a gel pack, chapstick, hair comb, pocket knife, deck of cards, otter pops, and a handkerchief in my pockets every ride.
5. It's a full zip
All the stuff in my pockets hang down over the elastic bottom when it rides up.

http://www.tscyclingusa.com/product.php?productid=1136&cat=1&page=3

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
Maybe try putting the heaviest stuff in a different pocket than you usually do? I have one jersey that semi-chokes me when my smartphone is in the center pocket. Moving it to one of the side pockets solves the problem.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had a couple of cheaper jerseys that did that. One day, for whatever reason, I pulled the jersey down in front, back, and on the sides. To my surprise, it stayed down for at least an hour. So, for those cheaper jerseys, I now pull them down in front and back shortly after starting out on the bike, and rarely have any issues. It seems that once the front slips up a little, the battle is lost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts