Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am new here and excited to meet some new people and enjoy the site to its fullest!

Here is my bike:

Specialized Tarmac SL2 - 56cm

- Groupset: Sram Red
- Handlebar: Zipp SL
- Wheelset: Roval Alpiniste SL Carbon
- Tires: Tufo Elite Jet
- Watercage: Tune 'Wassertrager'
- Skewers: Tune Skyline (not pictured)
- Pedals: Speedplay X2

Bike weight: 12.8 lbs

I am 5'11 @ 120 lbs

Bike/Rider total weight: 132 lbs

:)

· Registered
132 Posts
rnhood said:
That's a nice looking bike but, at 5'11 and 120 lbs I would say you are either anorexic or, you have a unusually thin frame. In any event, that's a dangerously low weight.
+1. Holy crap......I am 6'1 and 184lbs and most "Normal" people think I am thin. I can't event imagine what I would look like at 160 lbs much less like 130-135. Are you a woman? That might make it a little easier to swallow.

· Registered
95 Posts
How much?

CactusJackSlade said:
I just ordered that same frame/fork "module" in a 56 also. I plan to have mine weigh only 180g heavier though with the American Classic Mag 300 clinchers...

I'm jealous... I'm waiting, you are riding... :-o
How much is that frame/fork??

· Registered
61 Posts
Dolamite said:
How much is that frame/fork??
The "module" is:

• Frame
  • Fork
  • Cool integrated headset and carbon spacer/reducer
  • Seatpost with gel "zert"
  • Specialized proprietery crankset (it's a pretty good one so I'm told, stiffer and lighter than DA ?)

I should have weighed the "module" before I added components. Right off after my first ride I am totally impressd with the verticle compliance and the BB stiffness! Also the headtube/fork is awesome, point and shoot precision on downhills.

Oh, the cost, $3300 retail for the Module, I got mine 4less because I'm in the industry :D

Like I said, so far I'm impressed, make that VERY impressed, even though you could probably build a lighter bike... but it'd probably be a noodle...

Mine built up to 13.8lbs without going totally hog wild...

CJS

· Banned
328 Posts
6'3" and 188 which makes me a Goliath in cycling, but a thinner guy in public.

My lightest was 160 and bones were showing in a significant way. I could maybe shed 10 pounds, but that would be sacrifices for what? To suck less?

While a PowerTap costs some bucks, it actually saves me some money cause even though I can hang on most any group ride I look at my numbers and then the pro numbers and just get bummed and realize actual utility gain goes down significantly after a certain point. Still, bike stuff is fun.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been super skinny all my life.

It doesn't matter if I eat a pizza and Mcdonalds everyday, the wait does not go on.

I just have an absurdly high metabolism and a tiny frame.

Makes great for climbing those hills though!

· Registered
154 Posts
b3nault said:
Hi.

I am new here and excited to meet some new people and enjoy the site to its fullest!

Here is my bike:

Specialized Tarmac SL2 - 56cm

- Tires: Tufo Elite Jet
- Skewers: Tune Skyline (not pictured)

Bike weight: 12.8 lbs

I am 5'11 @ 120 lbs

Bike/Rider total weight: 132 lbs

:)
QUOTE]

More pics please!!! Can you take some pics of those wheels? They look pretty pimped. Congrats on the new ride. it's really nice

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,366 Posts
I test rode pretty much that exact same bicycle yesterday. It was a 52. The bike shop said it weighed about fourteen pounds. To put it short, I was mightily impressed. The bike handled like a scalpel. It gave the impression of being extremely rigid and unforgiving yet it seemed to float over bumps. Mama Mia.

· Registered
70 Posts
superflychief said:
damn dude. that's gross. eat an extra burger every once in a while.
Doesn't matter. The only time my weight varies more than +/- two pounds is if I'm sick. After my divorce, I went on a huge weight lifting regime and got up to 136 (massive bulk up:rolleyes: ). That was with protein shakes, massive calories, workouts, etc. But, as soon as I got over that little phase, I went right back to the same poundage.

Everyone said that I would gain weight when I hit 25, then 30, then 35, etc. At 42, I don't hear it anymore. This is me. I actually love it. I was blessed with incredible genetics - low bp, low heartrate, low cholesterol, high metabolism. Heck, all four of my GRANDPARENTS are still alive.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Specialized Tarmac SL2 - 56cm @ 12.7 lb - UPDATED PICS

Got some updated pics. I got a longer stem on it finally. That shortie stem was scary to ride downhill! :shock:

Specialized Tarmac SL2 - 56cm @ 12.70 lbs

- Seatpost: S-works chopped/zertz removed
- Tires: Tufo Elite Jet <160 g
- Skewers: Tune Skyline
- Stem: Extralite OC 90 mm

· Registered
210 Posts
Sweet ride. I like it.

You think Specialized would make me a set of those wheels with all white spokes? It looks good with a few white spokes, but all white would be hot.

To quote another RBRer, "Black is the fastest color for bicycles, but white is even faster."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.