Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started cycling about 3 months ago and just starting riding larger miles about one month ago. I do about 120ish a week. a few weeks ago my tailbone started to hurt a little, and now it hurts quite badly. The confusing part is that it doesnt hurt when i am riding, but it does when i sit down, or even cough or do anything to tense up at all. I am wondering if there are any certain stretches that will help this or what may be going on. this has only been going on for like a week and a half but seems to be getting worse.

any help would be awesome
Thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
saddle change maybe

you might need to get one of this for instance or similar products
by other companies. Saddles with "V" cutouts.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=16164

I had exactly the same problem you are explaining
and I changed the saddle to a saddle with V cutout and eliminated
the tailbone pain I was getting when I sat down after the ride and
the occasional numbness in the nether regions on
long rides.

·
A guy from Norway
413 Posts
A saddle with 'love canal' might help you out, but if the pain has increased you might look for a small break right now. It' likely you have a minor flammation, and you really want that one to come down before you do anymore riding. NSAIDS might help you out. Not just after your rides, but also during.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My saddle right now is just the bontrager race lux that came with my bike. it doesn't really have a cutout. I have heard of people complaining of this saddle on long rides, but mine are usually no longer than 35 miles.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
n_schuster said:
My saddle right now is just the bontrager race lux that came with my bike. it doesn't really have a cutout. I have heard of people complaining of this saddle on long rides, but mine are usually no longer than 35 miles.
Get a new saddle. Selle Italia, Selle San Marco, and Fizik are some brands you could try out. Yuck. Thinking about the Race Lux saddle hurts...
-estone2

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
The symptoms you describe make me think you might have a disc injury. If so, you need to go see a doctor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.