Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test Bike

So, I went out shopping for a new bike a couple weeks ago and a friend that works in a shop told me that they had a Roubaix Expert Ultegra Test Bike. He said it was barely demoed and mostly ridden by one of the sales guys, maybe 500miles at most but it's purple. I'm thinking, purple? still, whats that going to cost me, $2200 at best? That's well beyond my budget but asked him to talk to the owner about a price.
When I get there I see this purple and white Roubaix on my friends stand. At first I was a little put off by the purple but he changed out the white seat and tape to black and then it started to grow on me. The bike was still like new, only a couple of small scratches from falling over so I ask the price. Well let's just say it was well below cost and I still get the full warranty. SOLD!
So, here is my purple Roubaix Expert Test Bike with a fresh set of Krylions, black cages and black shifter cables (I'll change the brake cables at the next bar taping)
Enjoy......

·
Registered
72 Posts
did you happen to get that bike from Great Divide Ski, Bike, and Hike shop in Pueblo, Co

because I was looking at the same bike there and when I finally got the money it was gone.

so I got the Specialized Tarmac Elite this past Saturday. I hope you enjoy her.

·
Every ride is a race
569 Posts
We had the same color in a shop I used to work at. The mechanic rode it, and named it 'the purple people eater.' I called it 'j-lo' since the new design has such a bigger back-end than previous models :)
Here's to many miles on your new bike. Have fun riding it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
H2oknine said:
did you happen to get that bike from Great Divide Ski, Bike, and Hike shop in Pueblo, Co

because I was looking at the same bike there and when I finally got the money it was gone.

so I got the Specialized Tarmac Elite this past Saturday. I hope you enjoy her.
No, I'm on the East Coast.
I was looking at the Tarmac Elite and the Roubaix Comp but this was way cheaper. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts