Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get your mind outta the gutters ya moreons. Took Mrs Jup to her fitting yesterday at Racers Edge in Boca. I had my fitting done a couple of years ago there and had a great time. They now have this motion cature device doodad things, pretty cool. Anyways, I had pretty much everything on my wife's bike completely WRONG and now she looks a lot more comfy. Took 2 hours to do and the guys at the shop are great. If you are in South Flo-rida and need a good fitting, I highly recommend them.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeping up with Junior said:
...kept looking down her top for a b00b shot.
and?.....as long as she fits on her bike better.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Is she fit more loosely on the bike?

I could use one it seems. But, the shop I got my bike from uses the LeMond method. Not sure how good it is.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I bought my wife a new bike for her birthday

She thought the best part was the fitting . She said it was like getting a massage. She's pretty sure she will need some adjustments in a couple of weeks.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
uzziefly said:
Is she fit more loosely on the bike?

I could use one it seems. But, the shop I got my bike from uses the LeMond method. Not sure how good it is.
All we can say for sure is that it hates the Armstrong method.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Looks like a Retul system, like what we have at the shop, cool system. As for the boob thing well sometimes ladies make bad choices in the what to wear to buy a bike department. I would say jealous husbands also pay note and say no loose shirts. Also, no running or loose fitting wind/soccer shorts. At some point you have to throw your leg over the bike while it is on trainer that is most often on an elevated fit stage. If she does want to wear loose shorts at least have her do some landscaping.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
how much it set you back? she's got some buff arms.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teoteoteo said:
Looks like a Retul system, like what we have at the shop, cool system. As for the boob thing well sometimes ladies make bad choices in the what to wear to buy a bike department. I would say jealous husbands also pay note and say no loose shirts. Also, no running or loose fitting wind/soccer shorts. At some point you have to throw your leg over the bike while it is on trainer that is most often on an elevated fit stage. If she does want to wear loose shorts at least have her do some landscaping.
Yup, that was the Retul system. Hey, if her bewbs get her that extra personal attention and a good fitting then I say it's all good. :D She actually bought a new pair of bike shorts while there. She loves tri shorts, smaller chamois. One of the guys at the shop said a lot of women prefer the smaller chamois, less bunching up of bits. :thumbsup:

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomk96 said:
how much it set you back? she's got some buff arms.
For being fitted for a specific bike they charged us 100.00. Not bad considering the 2 hours they spent with her and 300.00 they had to spend cleaning up my drool from looking at the new frames they had down there. Very Noice.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Small world. The owner of that shop is a good buddy of mine and my man-beast used to wrench there before we left town.

And, yeah, the fittings are as good as it gets. I'm always amazed when I travel to cycling mecca cities, like Park City or Boulder, and see so many people on high end zoot bikes that fit like sh!t. Whereas, it seems like everyone in SoFla has been properly fitted at some point or another.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
jupiterrn said:
For being fitted for a specific bike they charged us 100.00. Not bad considering the 2 hours they spent with her and 300.00 they had to spend cleaning up my drool from looking at the new frames they had down there. Very Noice.
that seems cheap for 2hours of good work. awesome.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
catzilla said:
Small world. The owner of that shop is a good buddy of mine and my man-beast used to wrench there before we left town.

And, yeah, the fittings are as good as it gets. I'm always amazed when I travel to cycling mecca cities, like Park City or Boulder, and see so many people on high end zoot bikes that fit like sh!t. Whereas, it seems like everyone in SoFla has been properly fitted at some point or another.
Very cool, small world. The owner told me people here get fitted a lot more because it is sooooo flat. Riders are in one position for hours and the fit is a little bit more noticable with that. No up and out of the saddle for climbs or shifting back for descents. It is like being stuck in the TT position for 2 -3 hours.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tomk96 said:
that seems cheap for 2hours of good work. awesome.
Yup, thats what I thought and there is no pressure to buy anything while there. They make recommendations and give you a copy of your fitting, real easy going. No high pressure sales. And they let me borrow their bottom bracket tool to set the BB in my new/old Schwinn.:thumbsup:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Very cool, small world.
i think catzilla is the kevin bacon of the biking world. you can find a connection within 6 people.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
danl1 said:
All we can say for sure is that it hates the Armstrong method.
Well they owe me a free fitting so I think I'll check it out perhaps.

//Anyone have any comments on the LeMond system of fitting?

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tomk96 said:
i think catzilla is the kevin bacon of the biking world. you can find a connection within 6 people.
Maybe bacon has been her code all along?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts