Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my wife to start biking and got her an entry bike, Colnago Prima with Tiagra components.

She had since gone on 2 rides with me using sports shoes rather than cycling shoe with cleats. Mostly training her on road safety and what to look out for during rides. Once she gets used to the bike and road riding, I may have her try on the cleats riding in the park and move her on to the road once she is accustomed to it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
great job getting her a bike! don't make the same mistake i did and push her too hard. i took my then wife on the same trails i liked to ride and she eventually divorced me. LOL. she hated riding.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ride-Fly said:
great job getting her a bike! don't make the same mistake i did and push her too hard. i took my then wife on the same trails i liked to ride and she eventually divorced me. LOL. she hated riding.
I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the advise....I have been warned about pushing her too hard. She has ridden over 50miles / 80km over the last 4 days....started with mainly flat roads with minimal hill climb and she is enjoying herself :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nvrsetl said:
That's a nice entry bike! I got my gf a Cervelo for her first. I didn't know Colnago sold entry level bikes.
Thanks. My understanding is that Colnago wanted a piece of the mass market and has been developing entry bikes, They had the Primavera, which was their entry bike in 09,,,,priced around USD1760 with Shimano 105 components, The current 10 model, Prima is equipped with Shimano Tiagra is priced at USD1390. Both are aluminium frames with carbon fork.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: My wife has been riding for a week now and I am amazed by her determination and development. Her sit bone was aching for the first few days but she continued to ride despite the discomfort. She has assumed a natural riding position which I don't see many amongst newbies. She tired on her cleats today and rode pretty well. I'm truly inspired by her :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts