Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my recently built Zona on a budget - Got the frame on closeout for $200 and all the parts came from Nashbar or Performance with 20% coupons. Cost abouyt $800 all in - just the wheels were used. I like the ride a lot - pretty smooth. Components include truvativ roleur cranks, look lds pro 3 fork and a mix of 105 and ultegra shifters, cassette and derailleurs plus syntace bars, forte carbon post and stem and Alex 320 wheels.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Awsome ride!

I've been waiting for you to post this build for a long time now. I though that you loved riding this bike so much you didn't have time to take pictures :). Beautiful build. This horse will serve you many many comfortable miles. I love mine. Its sad that Orbea dropped the Zona from their lot.

Ride safely,

Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had ridden it more!

Thanks for the comments on the bike! Unfortunately I had a young lady run a red light, total my car and break my wrist - cast up to my shoulder and over 3 months of recovery - so I just got back to riding recently. Saturday was over 50 degrees in NJ and I did a 20 mile ride.....which felt like a century given my current fitness.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
yikes!

wilks said:
Thanks for the comments on the bike! Unfortunately I had a young lady run a red light, total my car and break my wrist - cast up to my shoulder and over 3 months of recovery - so I just got back to riding recently. Saturday was over 50 degrees in NJ and I did a 20 mile ride.....which felt like a century given my current fitness.
I hope you're ok now... more or less.

ride safely

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts