Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day

I just recievd a pair of 2010 Zonda 2 way fit wheels to replace my 2005 Sciroccos. The Sciroccos are loud as. These Zondas are almost completely silent. To say I am disapointed is an understatement.

I'd like to think there is just some grease that needs smacking out of the way, but it's like night and day to compare the two. The freehub engages without any problem.

Does anyone out there have these wheels or know anything? I have done an advanced search and can not find any clues.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fa65. You didn't say what your reply was based on so I wrote it off with the other posts, which were general opinionated, irrelevant crap.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do appreciate it. I guess I'll live with the way they are. Nice bike too. Much better than the banal, plastic coated junk most pro lookalikes are riding around. I have a black Regal. A great saddle.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21,831 Posts
Grease

MagicCarpet said:
I just recievd a pair of 2010 Zonda 2 way fit wheels to replace my 2005 Sciroccos. The Sciroccos are loud as. These Zondas are almost completely silent.
This means that the freehub pawls have been greased. If you want noisy hubs when coasting, pull the freehub, clean out all the grease, and lube with a very lightweight oil. Editorial comment: why you would do this is a mystery to me, but that's the "cure."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers, Kerry.

I guess I just got used to it or more to the point, started to like it. Preferences are a subjective matter and I don't question that. I just never heard a Campag freehub sound like it does and wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem by consulting other owners. I couldn't care enough to ask about what people prefer as it doesn't interest me.

I'm competent enough to pull it down, but it doesn't mean enough to me to bother, particularly as it is a brand new wheel, ridden only a few test kilometers. As per my original post, I suspected grease, but wanted some confirmation.

Confirmation that I don't have a faulty wheel is what I hoped for and I'm just looking forward to a nice long ride in the morning now.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.