Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, what kind of dog owner actually goes to the effort to bag their dog's poo in non-biodegradable small black plastic bags, only to leave them on the side of the trail?

I am seeing them everywhere. Of course nobody else bothers to pick them up either, so they have a cumulative effect.

I'd rather they leave the poo au natural so it eventually disappears. There is enough horse manure to warrant vigilance in stepping as it is.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
I noticed that around here and was utterly dumbfounded by it. Then I realized there actually is some logic to it.

It's usually people doing a loop or an out and back who figure they'll pick it up on the way back instead of carrying a poo bag on their whole walk. Most of the times they do pick up the doo, and sometimes they don't.

Either way, if you're the one passing by it, temporary or not, it looks like litter. And that kinda blows.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
that's not from my dog. not my fault there aren't bathrooms along the trail.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
catzilla said:
I noticed that around here and was utterly dumbfounded by it. Then I realized there actually is some logic to it.

It's usually people doing a loop or an out and back who figure they'll pick it up on the way back instead of carrying a poo bag on their whole walk. Most of the times they do pick up the doo, and sometimes they don't.

Either way, if you're the one passing by it, temporary or not, it looks like litter. And that kinda blows.
I often tie the bag to my dog's collar. Make him carry his own poop.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
I am sitting here in a FEMA mtg. I am now qualified to deploy an Incident Command Center to the site.An incident Action Plan may be necessary depending on the numbers of poo bags.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
I am sitting here in a FEMA mtg. I am now qualified to deploy an Incident Command Center to the site.An incident Action Plan may be necessary depending on the numbers of poo bags.
heckuva job brownie

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
I am now qualified to deploy an Incident Command Center to the site.

totally c0de

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The loop must take weeks to complete.

catzilla said:

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
I am now qualified to deploy an Incident Command Center to the site.An incident Action Plan may be necessary depending on the numbers of poo bags.
Does that include a decon shower?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts