Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go Aggies
55 Posts
Well the first person who pops into my head is Robin Williams, but thats just a pure guess. He is a cycling nut and was a huge supporter of the SF Gran Prix. He also a more $$ then he could ever spend. One movie could fund the team for years and he's done alot of movies. My 2c.

-G

·
It's in the game!
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And

The owner had tried to buy the Cincinati Reds so maybe some baseball fans could clue us in.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Who cares??/

dagger said:
The owner had tried to buy the Cincinati Reds so maybe some baseball fans could clue us in.
As you said, it is a nice little mystery. The person doesn't want to be known, let's leave it at that. They're dumping money into this developmental team, and will continue to do so. JV is in a good situation where he doesn't have to worry about funding year to year, he just has to worry about getting his guys ready to race.

·
Misplaced priorities?
352 Posts
This reminds me of Slap Shot when Paul Newman's character is doing everything he can think of to find out who owns the Chiefs. As long as the owner continues to support cycling, his or her anonymity is fine by me.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Run1stBike2nd said:
This reminds me of Slap Shot when Paul Newman's character is doing everything he can think of to find out who owns the Chiefs. As long as the owner continues to support cycling, his or her anonymity is fine by me.
But watch out for the Hansons!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I met the mystery guy at last year's TDG, I am 99% sure. We started talking before the start in Fayetteville, before the teams even arrived. He was riding around inthe TIAA team car most of the week, and, until a recent slip on my part, I had pics with him and JV. If he chosses to remain anonymous, I will respect that since I think what he is doing is great. He was a very nice guy. He said he had been traveling with the team and working with Jonathon to do...just what the article says. The only thing that tipped him as being capapble of footing the bill was that he had just finished buying and renovating an historic house in Greenwich Village, very close to where I stay when I am in the city. Anyway, i am glad that his plan is going well and I hope to see him again this year.

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
Could it be....

Miles Prentice, a New York attorney. Prentice has bid unsuccessfully for several teams in the last decade, including the Kansas City Royals and the Boston Red Sox. He also is an owner of several minor-league baseball teams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts