Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Eyorerox said:
Funny
I have a MXL with steel forks, CK headset, Campag Chorus and 3T bars Fulcrum zero wheels.
I'm going with the Saronni color scheme because that is what I have wanted since I was 14 years old back in 1985. I'm debating the build with Record 10 from my C50 and buying a Super Record 11 groupo for the C50, or going with Athena/Mirage in Silver for the build. I've got a while to go before the build, so I'll get to debate it some more.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
smokva said:
Having this watch will make me no bigger dolt than having my carbon De Rosa with Super Record :)
I'm not a big fan of Tag, but that watch looks awesome. All 4 of my siblings have a Tag, and I like to be different. LOL

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Salsa_Lover said:
Only dolts from overseas pay $7000 for a Rolex nowadays.
Since this whole thread has massively derailed into watches and pens, thanks to your remarks, then can I have the honour of being the Master Dolt because I didn't pay just for one? With a few exceptions, Mrs. and I are generally Rolex wearers, and even my teenaged son wears a Tudor.

We have the simple Day Just shown below and Presidents. I have a GMT and a Daytona and she has a Cellini and another Date Just. Like I said, I wear a Swatch while riding my bikes. She wears a old TAG chrono. My older son has a Tudor and an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch, that I will kill him if he breaks it.

Oops.. mine is 40 seconds fast.. should have bought a Seiko!

But now, can we please return the conversation to Italian Colnagos?

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
fabsroman said:
That might be one of the few pens I like from them. One of the reasons I like the Mont Blanc pens is for their simplicity. They aren't flamboyant. Kind of like my Colnagos. I don't have any really crazy paint schemes on them. I like my stuff to stand out, but not be too much of an eye catcher.
I'm a Meisterstuck Legrand user on a daily basis. I sign my work in the office with a Unicef and my wife got me a Legrand Diamond last Christmas for home use. Like I said, my office desk has the whole simple Meristerstuck collection, including pen, rollerball, ballpoint, pencil and highlighter. I wear a slim Solitaire Doue silver and black ballpoint in my shirt pocket daily.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
iyeoh said:
I'm a Meisterstuck Legrand user on a daily basis. I sign my work in the office with a Unicef and my wife got me a Legrand Diamond last Christmas for home use. Like I said, my office desk has the whole simple Meristerstuck collection, including pen, rollerball, ballpoint, pencil and highlighter. I wear a slim Solitaire Doue silver and black ballpoint in my shirt pocket daily.
I thought about getting the Legrand highlighter. Right now, I use some cheap highlighters that put way too much fluid on the paper when I first start highlighting. That might end up being a Christmas present. I tried the fountain pen and decided it wasn't for me, so whenever I buy Mont Blanc pens I buy them in the rollerball/ballpoint combo. I use the rollerballs in blue ink for signing and the ballpoint in black ink for taking notes.

Now, back to Italian Colnagos. Maybe Colnago should come out with a watch and pen set. LOL

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
fabsroman said:
I thought about getting the Legrand highlighter. Right now, I use some cheap highlighters that put way too much fluid on the paper when I first start highlighting. That might end up being a Christmas present. I tried the fountain pen and decided it wasn't for me, so whenever I buy Mont Blanc pens I buy them in the rollerball/ballpoint combo. I use the rollerballs in blue ink for signing and the ballpoint in black ink for taking notes.
Its different because I'm not a lawyer. I use a fountain pen only to sign documents and write checks. Pretty much only blue ink is used for documents, although I prefer black. Other than that, I like rollerballs, and I use pencil and highlighters for daily work. I use red ink in my ballpoint for editing work... somehow red ink is mandated, otherwise you're an ineffective boss by not being an a$$hole.

It'll be cool if there were a Colnago Breguet or Audemars Piguet watch, and a Colnago Visconti pen, but I guess SalsaLover won't be a customer lol

Hey, how about an Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon Colnago edition with bike racks, eh? I'll buy that.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
fabsroman said:

Now, back to Italian Colnagos. Maybe Colnago should come out with a watch and pen set. LOL

21 - 31 of 31 Posts