Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was in the service we would up the aircraft tires with N2/Lox. When I bought new tires for our vehicle we had them put some in have noticed a difference. So has anyone ever put N2 in their bike tires? and if so have they noticed a difference.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Drinking the coolaid

H2oknine said:
When I was in the service we would up the aircraft tires with N2/Lox. When I bought new tires for our vehicle we had them put some in have noticed a difference. So has anyone ever put N2 in their bike tires? and if so have they noticed a difference.
Your tires already contain nearly 80% N2. Any difference you "noticed" was in your head. The ONLY advantage N2 offers is if you would otherwise be putting EXTREMELY humid air in your tires, such that the water would condense inside the tire when cold, and then vaporize as the tire heated up, causing a sudden change in tire pressure.

You can Google this topic, or do a search here. There is no scientific reason or evidence that replacing air with N2 would cause any difference at all (except for the very rare humidity issue).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.