Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from Indianapolis and going to this show is like a dream come true. You get to meet some very talented builders and mover and shakers of the industry. From Don Walker who organized the show, to Sacha Vanilla to Carl Strong, the list goes on. I went on Saturday and Sunday and talked to a lot of builders. Below are just four choice photos for me from the show.

My choice for the nicest track/SS bike was Courage Cycles. This guy is talented beyond belief. I can't say enough about how nice his bikes were. He believes that the aesthetics of the bike should favor the rider when he is sitting on the bike and looking down which is something I never thought about but agree with. Look at the fork crown in the photo to see how this plays out. This guy is a super nice guy and I think would be a joy to work with if you are buying a custom.

Another favorite was Sacha White for a this rendition of a city bike. These photos don't do it justice with all the little details that he uses. From 650 wheels to the chain guard this bike was very impressive but I guess this is what you expect from Vanilla. I would buy this bike in a heartbeat but he isn't taking orders anymore until he catches up. Again another super nice guy.

The last photo is of ZR Cycles from Portland. What can I say but a very classic well executed frame. This guy is certainly on my short list of builders.

The photos don't do any of the bikes justice and if you ever want to feel like you're in bike heaven attend this show! Go especially if you are in the market for custom because where else can you meet and talk to this many builders at one time? I could go on and on but time and size are limitations.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Very nice. I like how they're all baby blue.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
that's it??? I thought there were so many fixed gears that it wasn't worth the $20 ticket or the drive...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FTF, there were lots of everything there. There were tons of fixed gears, city bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, tandems, S&S coupled bikes and everything in between.

Since this is the Fixed/SS forum and the type of bike I like best, those are the photos I showed.

And for those interested, best track bike and President's choice award went to Japanese builder Cherubin. I certainly didn't think it was the best but I wasn't one of the judges.

Like I say it was a great show with people who really enjoy their craft, you don't get that everyday.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
ZR is here in Madison, Wisconsin... not Portland. I'll go out on the porch and yell for him to look at your post.

There were quite a few really nice bikes. My favorite was the green with white lugged Alchemy with the priest bars. By favorite I mean if I had to just grab something in a hurry without agonizing about silly details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts