1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0206/301808.html

Alexandria Man Gets 30 Years for Killing Cyclist

RSS Feeds From ABC 7 Friday February 10, 2006 1:42pm

Alexandria (AP) - The Alexandria (website - news) man who pleaded guilty to the Memorial Day weekend murder of a bicyclist on Daingerfield Island got his punishment Friday.

A federal judge is sending Andre Suggs to prison for 30 years.

Suggs pleaded guilty in November to strangling 48-year-old Mark Creasy, who'd been biking along Marina Drive. A witness who heard screaming went to see what the commotion was and discovered Suggs sprawled over Creasy's body.

Suggs was arrested after he ran naked across the George Washington Parkway and bit a police officer. According to court documents, Suggs was screaming that he had AIDS.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
OTOH, if Suggs killed Creasy with his car, he would have gotten 30 hours of community service and a 12 month driving probation.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yikes--i missed that story

for some reason i thought there was a cyclist who died near old town but was much younger. anyone know what is up with the attacker--was it a mentally ill person?

·
Domestic Drivin' E-Thug
1,060 Posts
jimcav said:
for some reason i thought there was a cyclist who died near old town but was much younger. anyone know what is up with the attacker--was it a mentally ill person?
Are you really questioning whether this person was mentally ill?

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
No way

wipeout said:
OTOH, if Suggs killed Creasy with his car, he would have gotten 30 hours of community service and a 12 month driving probation.
That sounds way harsh compared to the normal penalty for killing a cyclist. Of course if the guy were driving naked . . . .

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,006 Posts
Biting a police officer

really pisses them off.

Kerry Irons said:
That sounds way harsh compared to the normal penalty for killing a cyclist. Of course if the guy were driving naked . . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts