Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
The chamois is the cheapest piece 'o crap you can find anywhere.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish the responses wouldn't be so vague about whether they liked them or not...

Oh well, maybe they will work for short rides.:mad2:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Really basic chamois, but stitching seems good so far.

My pair quickly developed wear where it comes in contact with the saddle (has never been a problem with other shorts, and had nothing to do with the saddle). I thought the bibs might be toast after a few more rides, but they have held up so far.

Good value and I don't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good value. The bibs last for 4K miles until the chamois gets completely thin and ineffective. Lycra is rather thin and not compressing at all.

Sizing is unpredictable. What PBK says about their sizing is way off. Even worse, one may get what has to be female size 4 instead of mens size 4.

On the other hand, doing a 100 miles ride in these bibs is comfortable. Chamois does not get soggy.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Nalini Bibs from PBK work for me.
Great Prices.
May need to adjust up or down for correct sizing.
Lycra is thin but comfortable.
Chamois is OK so far.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Any time you see "six panel" you know you are looking at bottom of the line shorts/bibs. The lycra will be thin. Chamois will be of low quality. For bibs, the upper will not be of a more breathable material than the bottom and straps will be thin. For better quality look for key words "eight (or more) panel" and "variable thickness."

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nalini

Slip Stream said:
Any time you see "six panel" you know you are looking at bottom of the line shorts/bibs. The lycra will be thin. Chamois will be of low quality. For bibs, the upper will not be of a more breathable material than the bottom and straps will be thin. For better quality look for key words "eight (or more) panel" and "variable thickness."
I took a hard fall a couple of months back, while wearing the Nalini 6 panel bibs from PBK...and busted my hip with a large hematoma, my pants would fit tight, yet the Nalini bibs did not tear or break, not even a tiny bit, but my skin did sustain some abrasions as well. So you go and figure, maybe I was just "lucky" eh? Or maybe a well designed and fabricated bib.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
969 Posts
sokudo said:
What PBK says about their sizing is way off.
which way? they say size four is 28-30, size five is 30-32 and size six is 34-36. If I'm a 32, do I have to buy the four or the six instead of the five?

-rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts