Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone own any of the nalini clothing? I was looking at the gonone bib shorts from nalini and was wondering if anyone had experience with these shorts. How comfy is the pad? I have a pair of volers with the ion pad and they are great. How would the nalinis compare to the volers. How are their jerseys?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
have the bibs

n1civicsi said:
does anyone own any of the nalini clothing? I was looking at the gonone bib shorts from nalini and was wondering if anyone had experience with these shorts. How comfy is the pad? I have a pair of volers with the ion pad and they are great. How would the nalinis compare to the volers. How are their jerseys?

I have two pairs of Nalini bibs. An older pair of "Chicos bibs) and the Power Bibs. They are good everyday bibs and the price has been good. Fit is good and they have held up well. The pairs I have have a pretty basic chamois - no multi-density, multi-shape techno crap. I give them a thumbs up but they are not my first choice for longer rides. I have not tried any Nalini jerseys.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
Just got back from a ride with some Nalini shorts. Don't know the model. Long inseam, but nice fabric. The chamois is soft. Not Assos-soft, but still supportive. I like them very much, definitely worth the money. There are a lot of people who like Nalini a ton, and note that a loooot of pro teams where Nalini.
-estone2

·
Could be faster
282 Posts
i recently purchased the nalini gonone bib. the fabric is nice and comfortable. the chamois is adequate though not quite up to the comfort of santini's twistgel. my rides on this bib has so far been about 50km so i don't really know what it'll be like on 100km+ rides. the saddles on my bikes are Specialized Toupe and Fizik Aliante Gamma.

i found the sizing to be a bit generous, if you're buying it from probikekit and relying on their sizing chart. the first pair i bought was a bit large so i went a size down for a snug fit.

as for the jersey (nalini timan jersey), it's comfy and breathes well. it has a race fit, which i like very much. my only gripe is the depth of the pocket - it's quite deep so i find it fiddly to retrieve my gel bottle while riding. personally, i prefer the pockets on voler's jerseys.

boon

·
Registered
985 Posts
For me padding in Nalini bibs that I have is too thick, but as far as I understand they have different pads in different models.

n1civicsi said:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
My overall favorites

DaveG said:
I have two pairs of Nalini bibs. An older pair of "Chicos bibs) and the Power Bibs. They are good everyday bibs and the price has been good. Fit is good and they have held up well. The pairs I have have a pretty basic chamois - no multi-density, multi-shape techno crap.
good description and editorial on newer chamoises. I save my Chicos for brevets.

·
eminence grease
18,559 Posts
n1civicsi said:
I exclusively wear Nalini Base bib shorts. The pad is about as thin and plain as you can get, and closely replicates the baseball cut chamois that you used to be able to find in PI Microsensor. Before PI and everyone else went nuts with engineered fabrics and strange designs.

Their lack of price (can be had for $49) belies their comfort and durability. They work very well for me, and I try to keep a small stock in bags for the day when they finally decide to "upgrade" their line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.