Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this might be too easy, but, I came across this photo on the Sailing site Latitude 38 and thought it interesting. OK, who is that in the photo???

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I haven't seen LeMond since back in the day. I wouldn't think he would have aged that much or gained that much weight, but if I had to pic yes or no, I'm gonna agree with you. LeMond!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
he could have and should have won the TdF in 85. Clearly a stronger rider than Hinault(who won), his teammate during that tour. Guess ya gotta pay your dues(comes with being on a team)...his last stage time trial victory over Fignon in 89 is one of the best moments (maybe the best) in TdF history. He looks like a fun drinking partner now! and that looks like the Mavic 851 rear derailler (the one I just put on my 85 cannondale).

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
he could have and should have won the TdF in 85. Clearly a stronger rider than Hinault(who won), his teammate during that tour. Guess ya gotta pay your dues(comes with being on a team)...his last stage time trial victory over Fignon in 89 is one of the best moments (maybe the best) in TdF history. He looks like a fun drinking partner now! and that looks like the Mavic 851 rear derailler (the one I just put on my 85 cannondale).
To comment on the points in your reply:
True
True
True, especially riding for an ego like Hinault
No maybe about it. It is the best moment
Perhaps you're correct, but not as much fun as Commodore Goben would be
In my opinion, 87 and 88 would have been his as well and he would have been the 4th 5 time winner. I grew up a fan and will always be one no matter how he conducts himself.

Great article. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts