Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these really trick looking cantis on one of the Rabobank guys bike and cant figure out who they're made by. They look pretty heavily machined out so I'm sure they are quite light. I'm trying to find a high quality canti similar to the EuroX Mags but without that stupid red hardware and these might be a candidate if I can figure out who they're made by. TRP said for a $10 upcharge they'll sell me a set of mags with black hardware, but buying directly from them would be $340 and you can get them for far less elsewhere. Anyways anyone know what these are?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Searched ebay and found these Origin8 cantis and either these are a knockoff of those brakes or they are them. Cant see a pro using $49 Origin8 cantis though. They have no adjustments at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured out they were Froglegs. Oops. Bought a set on ebay.co.uk for $90 bucks shipped. They're almost as light as Eurox mags, and the 2011 model comes with the TRP inplace adjustable pads and the same cable barrel adjusters for well over $100 less. I think they look better than TRP's too. Link here if anyones interested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe you can pick up Adam's: http://adamcraig.net/blog.html

"French guy did Ryan for the win and my goddamn ridiculously archaic Mafac-style cantilever brakes picked the last lap, when I had the pressure on Swiss guy, as a good time to take their impressively poor slowing performance to a new level, simply disconnecting during a kind of loose powerslide. Super cool. I’m DONE with these dangerously shitty brakes, that don’t work even then they’re “working”, regardless of the fact that these ones are “rabobank” edition and totally match my kit. Swiss guy didn’t wait for me to reconnect my brake for some reason and I had to settle for fourth."

·
Registered
285 Posts
joness said:
Maybe you can pick up Adam's: http://adamcraig.net/blog.html

"French guy did Ryan for the win and my goddamn ridiculously archaic Mafac-style cantilever brakes picked the last lap, when I had the pressure on Swiss guy, as a good time to take their impressively poor slowing performance to a new level, simply disconnecting during a kind of loose powerslide. Super cool. I’m DONE with these dangerously shitty brakes, that don’t work even then they’re “working”, regardless of the fact that these ones are “rabobank” edition and totally match my kit. Swiss guy didn’t wait for me to reconnect my brake for some reason and I had to settle for fourth."
In the 'Cross Vegas post you get what Adam replaced them with....

TRP CX-9 Mini V's.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts