Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes grab a coffee at the end of a ride and go into a small park near my home, there are benches dedicated in memory of loved ones, large trees and dogs running amock. Today was a little different. There was a women sitting on the grass meditating and no one else, it was peaceful and just what I thought I needed.
Behind the bench I sat on was a very large chestnut tree and every so often one would fall to the ground behing me. At some point chestnuts began to fall more and more often until it seemed that it was raining down these little rocks from nature. I looked up into the branches to discover a squirrel, The little bastard must have seen me, decided his afternoon needed some excitement because it was seemingly using me as target practise. I attempted a zen like approach to this, deciding it would only bother me if a chestnut hit my steed. I thought I was at ease or peace with the world, until........the little pecker bounced one of my helmet. The sound it made was a cross between a thrump and a ping. I laughed and decided to open my coffee, nothing was going to evade this peacful time out I had taken....especially the clown in the old chestnut tree. As I removed the lid from my coffee and began to raise it to my mouth.....yep you got it, the tree bomber had zeroed in on my location and scored a direct hit...in my coffee which was now all over my face. Crap ! so much for a zen like approach to life. The moment had passed.....boy did I laugh.
So I pictured those two little chipmucks from "the bugs bunny and the road runner hour" you know the ones that got caught in a cannery and one of them had to search isles of canned goods to set the other free? One always said " in dubidebly" I could almost see them high five each other after the direct hit in my coffee. What were their names?

·
All natural
367 Posts
chip & dale = disney
bugs bunny = warner brothers

so they could not be in the same show.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
BobH said:
chip & dale = disney
bugs bunny = warner brothers

so they could not be in the same show.
let's not confuse the issue with facts............

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
They were gophers, not chipmunks. Loosely based on old classic comic strip of Alphonse and Gaston.

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
huh, i thought their names were Gaylord & McBallsak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts