Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
One is named road bike and the other is mountain bike. Not original but they don't mind, they're inanimate objects.

I don't have a name for the computer I'm using now either.
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
My road bike's name is Nuthugger.
Named after a guy who works out in the same gym as my guy. He wears short little hugger shorts and isn't too diligent about making sure the boys stay covered when he's bench-pressing. :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
We're still at the beginning of our relationship....

Since I only have 1000 miles on this steed... and we have yet to be in some EPIC, ass-kicking, lung bustin, altitude oxygen-debted, rain/hail storm... with another 50 plus miles to go.... I have yet to build that kind of relationship with this bike.

The old Bianchi was named Troffy... It was a Trofeo model... and the only trophy I actually ever got was while riding her, plus she was ROSA red, not Celeste Green.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
FTM said:
One is named road bike and the other is mountain bike. Not original but they don't mind, they're inanimate objects.

I don't have a name for the computer I'm using now either.

Off topic - FTM, who is that guy in your avatar? He's in a video I have about Eddy Merckx' life story. He abandons on the top of some col and he's just shattered. Crying, in pain and inconsolable. Amazingly heartbreaking footage. I always wondered who he was. Do you know?
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,559 Posts
OneGear said:
Wellington had Copenhagen, Picard had Enterprise, Gandalf had Shadowfax... whats your steeds name?
My bike is called "zi xing che", it means self-powered-vehicle and it's pronounced "dzz sheeng chur." Non-literal translation = the bicycle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Apparently....my bikes name is "FATASS"

Everyone who goes by says "Move It Fatass"

old joke of mine that you long time poster might remember from 6 or so times back when this same thing was posted
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
OneGear said:
Wellington had Copenhagen, Picard had Enterprise, Gandalf had Shadowfax... whats your steeds name?
Men who name bikes.

So what do you baddasses call your computer? Favorite golf club? Dining room table?

My computer is named Carol. My ball point pens are named Timmy34 and Timmy17. I still think about Timmy1 and Timmy2. And I call my telephone Arte after the great Arte Johnson.

Whoops Arte wants his daddy got to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Sintesi said:
Off topic - FTM, who is that guy in your avatar? He's in a video I have about Eddy Merckx' life story. He abandons on the top of some col and he's just shattered. Crying, in pain and inconsolable. Amazingly heartbreaking footage. I always wondered who he was. Do you know?
I wish I knew who he was, I grabbed the image off the DVD but could never find any more information about him. My six year old loves that movie but she can't watch that scene anymore, it makes her cry.
 

·
Twitterpated
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
Alright, I'll bite; I'll give you a serious answer. Not like these jokers who are about to be added to my ignore list.

Not all of my bikes are named.
- But I have one that is Veronika, because that's a pretty sexy name for a 15 yr old sexy lugged steel pearl-white Giant.

- A black Specialized is called Maxximus. It is alumininum, so it is pretty tough like a gladiator. I just started calling it Maxximus one day without even thinking.

- Another is a blue lugged Gios named The Anna Maria (Bernarda) after a wise and sexy old friend from El Salvedor.

- There is the Jolly Roger, a black & chome & multi-colored Colnago that makes me think of pirates. It's (no-longer) secret name is The Calavera Queen, which sounds like a good river boat name to me. I used to live near the Illinois river and rode on the Julia Belle Swain river boat a few times. Calavera can be translated as 'skull'.

Sorry that I got hot before, I guess that I won't add anyone to the ignore list today...but you are all on notice! :prrr:

Thanks,
Tshirt

P.S. All of my future bikes will be named Danica Patrick.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
FTM said:
I wish I knew who he was, I grabbed the image off the DVD but could never find any more information about him. My six year old loves that movie but she can't watch that scene anymore, it makes her cry.
That whole segment about suffering in the mountains is just phenomenal. Thx anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top