Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old Skool
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is time for me to get new shoes. I am looking for the following:
  1. Recommendations on shoes that are built for narrow feet
  2. Recommendations for shops that stock a good selection of shoes. These could be either shops in the San Francisco Bay Area (I live in the North Bay) or good retailers on the internet.
Currently I am using Vittorias that are so old they have both the "Look" 3-hole pattern and two sliding screw holes for “conventional” (read “old fashioned”) cleats designed to be used with toe clips and straps.

I have already searched this forum and found this thread on shoes where Cadence90 makes the comment ” DMT and Vittoria are narrow, with Northwave the narrowest of all.” Additional input would be very much appreciated.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=580770#poststop

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
I have incredibly narrow feet......

Tino Chiappelli said:
Sidi offers 3 different width options (narrow, standard, wide), so they may be a good option. However, DMT also has a fairly narrow cut on some of their models (Spirit, RSX) that may work for you as well.
and the only shoes I have found that fit are the Sidi Genus 5's in the Narrow last. They usually have to be special ordered but they are worth the wait.

BTW, Sidi does not make the narrow last in the carbon soled shoes.

Shimano's are said to be narrower, but I could never get them to fit right.

Len

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm another person with narrow feet, particularly at the ball of my foot. I've used and liked Sidi shoes for the past 6 or so years. I currently have a pair of Sidi Genius 5 shoes and have no complaints.

That said, I have a pair of midrange Specialized MTB shoes, and I find them to be very comfortable, though I added an insole in the shoes to take up a bit of volume. FWIW, I've found the Specialized shoes to be not quite as durable as the pair of Sidi MTB shoes which acted as their predecessors.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
I've always thought that I had narrow feet when buying dress shoes and the like, until I bought a pair of Sidi Eagle shoes (yes, I ride road with mtb shoes...), which are supposed to be narrower than some of their other models. But they just don't fit me well. I often come home with slightly sore feet and just cannot seem to dial in the fit properly. I'm tempted to pick a pair of their Sidi Dominator 5 Mega shoes, which are supposed to wider, but I'm afraid they'll be too wide.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
I tried those......

Spectrum said:
Try the Specialized Pro Carbon. I have narrow feet and recently switched from Sidi G4 Carbon. These shoes are really comfortable and has enough room in the toe box, the ventilation is awesome also.
way to wide for my feet.....there are degrees of narrowness.

Len

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yup, if you really have narrow feet, like I do (and Len seems to) the Sidi Genius in the narrow width is about the only option short of custom. They are tough to find on the 'net, go to the LBS and tell them to order them. Sometimes an LBS won't even know they're available, but they are. When I ordered mine everyone at the LBS had to check em out, they couldn't believe my foot was really that oddly shaped....

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
Stogaguy said:
It is time for me to get new shoes. I am looking for the following:
  1. Recommendations on shoes that are built for narrow feet
  2. Recommendations for shops that stock a good selection of shoes. These could be either shops in the San Francisco Bay Area (I live in the North Bay) or good retailers on the internet.
Currently I am using Vittorias that are so old they have both the "Look" 3-hole pattern and two sliding screw holes for “conventional” (read “old fashioned”) cleats designed to be used with toe clips and straps.

I have already searched this forum and found this thread on shoes where Cadence90 makes the comment ” DMT and Vittoria are narrow, with Northwave the narrowest of all.” Additional input would be very much appreciated.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=580770#poststop
Sidi or Carnac. I have narrow feet myself, and just got done trying on Carnac and Sidi today. Both were snug and comfortable. I don't know what Cadence90's talking about... Northwave runs wider...
-estone2

·
Registered
372 Posts
venus said:
I have narrow feet & a really narrow heal (but I'm a girl). I've worn Specialized & Nike forever. Also, Lake in mtn shoes finding the men's fit just right.
I'm sort of like that. The width around my toes is mostly normal (little toe seems to always need more room in some shoes so shoes that are fine in other ways are tight there) but the heel is too big. Couldn't get any of the Sidi's to fit but the Shimanno 225 mtb shoes work well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.