Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head is definitely not very round and seems to be more narrow than most helmets are designed for. It seems like I can rotate most helmets on my head a good way unless I buy them so they are tight to start, such as size small, but then they sit to high on my head. Which brands, or models, tend to fit narrow head better?

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
I have a long, narrow head and I swear by the comfort and adjustability of my Lazer Helium.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ditto on the Lazer. It has an adjustable rentention system which sits lower on your head and provide excellent wrap around features.

·
Never Give Up!
1,238 Posts
I rely on specialized helmets, works great form narrow head

·
downhill quickly
755 Posts
My wife has a narrow head (a beautiful head btw;) that has caused issues in the past both with her cycling (and skiing). Pain points running midline from forehead to crown with excessive padding to fill above ears to crown for most of the cycling brain buckets out there. Specialized Prevail SWorks (small size in this case) worked perfectly out of box. The fitting options worked cohesively well in micro adjustment, including cold weather riding with a skull cap. I hope that would extrapolate into the men's helmets as well for you. FWIW, POC helmet for her skiing...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Relatively narrow head here too. Main issue I find is pressure points at the top of my forehead. The interior shape of the shell in this area is key, and varies quite a bit between brands and models within a brand.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have the Giro Atoms and the Cannondale Teramo both fit very well.

·
irony intended
772 Posts
Giro was too oval for my head. Specialized and Rudy Project more adjustable, or maybe just "rounder"...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't have a narrow head, just the opposite. Shaped like a rugby ball I think. I do have to put a plug in for the Lazer Helium helmet. I recently received mine and after playing with the adjustments some, I have to say it fits great. By playing with the adjustments I am convinced that the Helium will just about fit anybody's needs.

John

·
Registered
463 Posts
On another site a fella liked the Limar UltraLight for his smaller, oval head. They are discontinued and I picked one up (new) for a song on-line. The S/M size runs small. It has a lower profile. It looks better on me than my Garneau X-Lite (small) and that is a decent helmet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.